Wondering if this would be possible

KevinB834

Question

I just thought of this and I wanted to know if this would be possible. I was thinking would it be possible to change the Fierce Deity Mask into Majora's Mask with the animations when putting on the mask, and you would transform into Majora's Wrath.

Picture of Majora's Wrath:

Posted Image

I'm not requesting anything I just want to know if this would be possible :)

3 answers to this question

The definition of "possible" in the Zelda hacking community is horrendously ambiguous. So let me clarify.

By the definition of the word it is absolutely possible, but it would involve some considerable skill in modification and hacking so as to make it impractical. Unless the model you intend to use has a bone structure identical to that of the Fierce Deity model (i.e. highly unlikely), a simple display list swap will not cut the job. Thus, you would either need to replace the model entirely and create new animations to fit the new model and bone structure, or modify the model to fit the old skeleton. The latter will very likely cause problems by having a different skeleton from the normal Link models, and the latter is considerably more difficult, especially because creating custom models in Majora's Mask has, to my knowledge, not yet been done, let alone attempted.

So, possible, yes, but not particularly practical, especially with the necessary documentation to make this practical not yet existing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.