3ds Lite?! Yup. Let the flaming begin!

dekupk5

Yup you heard right, “3ds liteâ€Â. *facepalm* Do you know how pist it makes me when someone makes an unfinished product only to do it later to make more money? It pistses me off a ton. When I first bought a ds it was one of the most awesome things, even more revolutionary than the gameboy. Everyone had one except some people who didn’t have the money at the time. Then the ds lite came, then everyone who didn’t buy a ds bought the ds lite rubbing it in your face for how slick and bright it was. Did I buy one? Nope. Then the dsi came along and the people who bought a ds and not a ds lite bought the dsi! It was a tiny bit of an a improvement with online functionality and all. Dsi xl no one bought that and the ones that did I am sorry for, because the 3ds was announced months after. You might be thinking “so, its not much an improvement so that’s a good thing. Just stick with your other ds’s if you don’t like itâ€Â, but that’s not the point, the point is that why couldn’t they just do that with the original product. Nintendo just like storing good ideas for later to make more money. I would rather have a 3ds that already has an extra light option with the long lasting battery instead of people buying versions over and over again. Business as usual. Post what you think about this nonsense.

Posted Image

I knew this would happen the very instant I purchased my limited edition Zelda 25th Anniversary 3DS. I only bought it then at all BECAUSE it was the Zelda 3DS. They essentially forced me to play my hand early, even though I knew for sure waiting for the 3DS Lite would be the better idea.

Alas.

I knew this would happen the very instant I purchased my limited edition Zelda 25th Anniversary 3DS. I only bought it then at all BECAUSE it was the Zelda 3DS. They essentially forced me to play my hand early, even though I knew for sure waiting for the 3DS Lite would be the better idea.

Alas.

Its hard to resist the force. You did well lad.

I just buy the first edition of a consle and that is it. I don't really care about the improvements, I just want a consle that will play games. More battery? Screw that, i'm fine with what I have. I got the DS on launch, never even thought about buying a DSI, it's just a waste of money.

I just buy the first edition of a consle and that is it. I don't really care about the improvements, I just want a consle that will play games. More battery? Screw that, i'm fine with what I have. I got the DS on launch, never even thought about buying a DSI, it's just a waste of money.

To be fair, the DS's battery is pretty boss. The 3DS's battery is appauling for a Nintendo handheld and is pretty much the current gen equivalent of the Sega GameGear. I get like... 4-5 hours out of it, tops, if I'm playing Ocarina 3D in... well, 3D, with a brightness setting that actually allows me to view the game. I like the console nevertheless and don't regret my purchase, I'm just saying the battery life leaves something to be desired. a 3DS Lite with slightly bigger screens, an extra brightness option and improved battery is definitely something that's right up my street, but I can't afford it now.

You're complaining about them releasing an "improved" one? Where is the improvement? I do not see the second joystick on it, that you'll still have to pay extra money for. Honestly, there's no improvement to this thing If it doesn't have the second joystick by default.

Unless that picture in the magazine is NOT the final model? And it may have it built in? Well, then I can understand partially. I would personally just shell out the cash for the joystick add-on. :)

This was sent from a magical space satellite in the Andromeda Galaxy. Hurr.

You're complaining about them releasing an "improved" one? Where is the improvement? I do not see the second joystick on it, that you'll still have to pay extra money for. Honestly, there's no improvement to this thing If it doesn't have the second joystick by default.

Unless that picture in the magazine is NOT the final model? And it may have it built in? Well, then I can understand partially. I would personally just shell out the cash for the joystick add-on. :)

You make a good point actually... never really thought about that. Then again, the additional circle pad is a third party peripheral, made for just a singular game, isn't it? Or am I mistaken?

I remember reading it was first party.

Ah, my bad. It is (according to wikipedia). My confusion must have come from the fact that it's being bundled with a third party game (Monster Hunter 3G).

Look, as a first party accessory it will no doubt be used in more games(I can only imagine how great first person shooters will be on the 3DS), and that's why I think it should be built in to the 3DS Lite. They would be making a mistake not to do that... what with the added control methods, and the fact the 3DS has a little empty spot under the ABXY buttons that'd be a perfect home for another joystick.

Though for me, I will keep my original 3DS and get the add-on, because for me it'd be perfect; these big hands of mine would love the extra size my 3DS will gain from it. :)

Look, as a first party accessory it will no doubt be used in more games(I can only imagine how great first person shooters will be on the 3DS), and that's why I think it should be built in to the 3DS Lite. They would be making a mistake not to do that... what with the added control methods, and the fact the 3DS has a little empty spot under the ABXY buttons that'd be a perfect home for another joystick.

Though for me, I will keep my original 3DS and get the add-on, because for me it'd be perfect; these big hands of mine would love the extra size my 3DS will gain from it. :)

Yeah, you've got some good points there.

Although in regards to FPSes, I still prefer the touch screen method used in MPH. However, having a controllable camera in Zelda a la Wind Waker? Yes please :)

Well, in Metroid Prime Hunters, I personally aimed with the ABYX buttons, as Coded Arms(amazing game, by the way) got me hooked on that aiming style. Though I would still prefer joystick over that.

Also, YES! I loved in WW and the GC version of TP that I could freely rotate the camera, and it'd be a nice touch to any future Zelda game on the 3DS, or any game in general.

Well, in Metroid Prime Hunters, I personally aimed with the ABYX buttons, as Coded Arms(amazing game, by the way) got me hooked on that aiming style. Though I would still prefer joystick over that.

Also, YES! I loved in WW and the GC version of TP that I could freely rotate the camera, and it'd be a nice touch to any future Zelda game on the 3DS, or any game in general.

Oh wow, Coded Arms. That takes me back a fair few years! I really must pick up a copy of that. Fair enough, though.

I miss the freely rotating camera in Skyward Sword :) Only thing the game lacks IMO, although it's absence isn't that bad.

Yes, I have been playing Coded Arms for years and have not got bored of it once. :3

And yeah, it would be nice for Skyward Sword to have had it, but with no second joystick existing for the standard Wiimote/Nunchuck combo, it wouldn't work. But yes, the game still manages perfectly.

Honestly when the first DS came out, I bought it the hour it was released in November, as for DSLite and DSi+xl, never bought them and saw them pointless. While the new systems offered better lighting and possibly more internet connectivity(still wouldn't work with my router til I got a 3DS), The sound quality is much much better on the Original DS then the "improved versions" that had downgraded in sound quality. Eventually I did buy the 3DS, while some people did complain about battery, Nyko offered a battery replacement almost right away that users could install to give them longer battery life. So in terms of what is being shown here, I see no point in updating or getting the new system. :I

Hahaha, well put guys! I forgot to mention the new 3ds "lite" will have improved Thickness And Runtime.

Well, I started with a DS Lite. One of my friends had an original DS, but I favored mine because of it's sleek design, light weight, and less... polygons, if you wanna put it like that. Then I had a DSi, which I loved because of the internet feature, but I was sad for because they had to sacrifice the GBA cartridges. While I'm positive that if they had made the DSi a bit larger, they could have readded the GBA slot, but I digress. Anyway, the real point here is that the DS Lite was smaller, and weighed less than the original DS. According to the quote, The 3DS "Lite" will be thicker; I don't see how that's "Lite" at all.

Well, I started with a DS Lite. One of my friends had an original DS, but I favored mine because of it's sleek design, light weight, and less... polygons, if you wanna put it like that. Then I had a DSi, which I loved because of the internet feature, but I was sad for because they had to sacrifice the GBA cartridges. While I'm positive that if they had made the DSi a bit larger, they could have readded the GBA slot, but I digress. Anyway, the real point here is that the DS Lite was smaller, and weighed less than the original DS. According to the quote, The 3DS "Lite" will be thicker; I don't see how that's "Lite" at all.

One of the best features about the ds lite, is that you can actually see in a good bright quality when you play gba games, since the dsi doesnt play gba games it doesn't count. Ya, well see what Nintendo's planning.

...Eventually I did buy the 3DS, while some people did complain about battery, Nyko offered a battery replacement almost right away that users could install to give them longer battery life. So in terms of what is being shown here, I see no point in updating or getting the new system. :I

Same for me, especially since the Nyko Battery's added grip is a godsend for my big, fat hands. Probably gonna skip this one (at least for a while).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.