Google Translate translates the word 'ura' as a japanese word for 'back'!

PJC92

Today, I messing with Google Translate and stumbled upon something that made me scratch my head (in other words confused me). I tried translating the word 'another' from English to Japanese and got in result a word never heard of before. I knew the word wasn't 'ura' after listening to how it sounded. So then I tried translating the word 'ura' from Japanese to English and got in result the word 'back'. Dun dun dun :).

If you don't believe me, go try it yourself:

http://translate.google.com/

I found out what the word I got as result of translating the word 'another' from English to Japanese is. The word is 'betsu'. So this stuff is at least approximately an estimate of 90% legit. Oh and also I discovered that another Japanese word for 'back' is 'Modoru'. Google searched it and used Google Translate. Also the word 'ura' was used as a Japanese word for other side, under side, back side, reverse side, or wrong side. Plus the word 'ura' was also used as a battle cry during the middle ages.

裏 【うら】 (n) reverse side, wrong side, back, undersurface, inside, palm, sole, opposite, rear, lining, last half (of an inning), (P)

戻る 【もどる】 (v5r) to turn back, to return, (P)

Ura = noun, modoru = verb.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.