The Happy Place

Dude of Shadows

In short, this topic is a positive environment to help spread some positive vibes. Everyone is welcome to write what good things are going on in your lives, or what's good in general (Can be as random as you want as long as it is positive). :)

For me, I'm exited about Resident Evil 6. It looks great! I also just finished Zelda Skyward Sword, and I really enjoyed it.

The little things of convenience...

For one, I got my "new" WLAN router set up - an older Vodafone box my mom had left over from when she used their service -, including its print server functionality, so I can now use my printer/scanner combo from any computer connected to the network. Well, I can print from them, but scanning doesn't work at all. Although right now I'm not really using the scanner portion of the device anyway, so I'll think of something when I need that. Maybe get a Raspberry Pi once they're out, and use that as a print and scanner server? :)

Also, after fighting with the new and old routers for a bit, I got the old one to act as a repeater. It now basically acts as a bridge between my non-wireless Xbox 360 and the WLAN, allowing me to go online on the Xbox even when my PC is turned off! Before, I had my PC share its connection with the console, so obviously it had to be switched on, when now only the old router - now hidden under my desk - needs to be :)

I'm getting a new gaming laptop for only 100 dollars :) :) :)

And with that, my friend is giving me Resident Evil 5 on steam (I heard that the game sucks, but it is pretty much the only resi game I've never played). I'm also getting Resident Evil Revelations tommorow!

!!!!LIFE IS AWESOME!!!!

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Spending evenings with your friends is great. Two really good friends of mine come over (well, 25km or so "over") pretty much every Friday evening where we just do all kinds of random shit, and yesterday especially was a great one.

We had dinner I had cooked myself, kinda as a "thank you" for a bunch of stuff they helped me out with, one of them brought over a CD-i he got from somewhere (complete with saved data from 1997 and leaked batteries in the remote) on which we played some shitty music quiz game I downloaded - which I had apparently burned too fast, as video and sound in later rounds stuttered and showed up as garbage -, the other wired up a RGB SCART A/V cable for my Mega Drive 2 just for the hell of it and gave it to me, on the typical drive to the supermarket for drinks and food we couldn't find the iPod and just improvised our own music (from Trollolo to the Ride of the Valkyries! XD), later on I struggled with Dosbox to install Windows 3.1, video and sound drivers and succeeded, just so that we could play You Don't Know Jack (as the installer just crashed on Win XP for some reason), etc., etc...

They're just awesome.

I moved into a new apartment with my mate and things have been really good. Its nice to be around normal people for once, my old roomates were -not- normal at all. They were usually too busy drinking themselves retarded from 5pm - 6am and hosting parties during that time to the point the loud music would vibrate me off my own bed. No more smelling booze, cigarette smoke or other stuff I'd wish not to describe that happened during those parties.

The new place is really great though, only takes 10 minutes walk to the heart of downtown and 5 minutes to the nearest cafe to enjoy awesome latte's, great live music and of course ice cream. Last night we made dinner in our new apartment for the first time(since we were doing take out cause we didn't have -everything- moved in yet at the time) and it was great, Chicken Afredo with garlic bread, the homemade stuff. Life is just going awesome! <3

I moved into a new apartment with my mate and things have been really good. Its nice to be around normal people for once, my old roomates were -not- normal at all. They were usually too busy drinking themselves retarded from 5pm - 6am and hosting parties during that time to the point the loud music would vibrate me off my own bed. No more smelling booze, cigarette smoke or other stuff I'd wish not to describe that happened during those parties.

The new place is really great though, only takes 10 minutes walk to the heart of downtown and 5 minutes to the nearest cafe to enjoy awesome latte's, great live music and of course ice cream. Last night we made dinner in our new apartment for the first time(since we were doing take out cause we didn't have -everything- moved in yet at the time) and it was great, Chicken Afredo with garlic bread, the homemade stuff. Life is just going awesome! <3

Eep... I forgot about this topic...

Anyway, glad things are going good.

• 1 month later...

Some more technology-related happiness: I was given a new-old PDA by a friend, who wasn't using it anymore but saw how I was using my own "old workhorse" (iPaq 3850, 206 MHz ARM) pretty much daily, at the very least for keeping notes and using the calendar. The thing is a Dell Axim X50, 520 MHz Intel XScale, integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc., etc. - and it feels like it's several orders of magnitude faster than my old one.

The iPaq struggled with playing certain MP3s from a local SD card, while the Axim right now is happily playing 320 kbps MP3s being shared via WLAN by my desktop! Not to mention, its Wi-Fi chipset is actually capable of connecting to my router, as opposed to the PCMCIA card I (tried to) use with the iPaq. Opera Mini is running very well on it too - it's loading and displaying the mobile versions of certain websites very quickly, and is even kinda able to render the content-heavy normal ones of ex. some news outlets here.

I really can't thank him enough for this beauty! :)

EDIT:

Posted Image

EDIT 2:

Posted Image

That's it for the night...

Edited by xdaniel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.