Wii HD Cables

Conker

So, I just got my HD Wii cables in the mail... might I just say, a Wii game running in 480p looks the same as a 360 game running in 720p, as far as resolution goes.

Everything is so crisp, and clear, and my favorite part about it all... is that my Wii takes up all of my TV screen now! No more large, and unsettling black bars on the sides, or blurry picture anymore. :)

And activating 16:9 widescreen just sweetens the deal, I tell you what. Truly, a purchase I do not regret.

Well, now I saw how Skyward Sword looks... I am dying to see how Metroid Prime 3 does, as well as Mario Galaxy 2 and Twilight Princess. :3

Do any of you own HD cables for your Wii? If so, I am curious... did they make a humongous difference when switching over from SD cables like they did with me?

Personally, I found little difference in the case of Skyward Sword. But with most games, clarity greatly improved, colors were more vivid, but the overall picture quality was only a little better on a large TV. In the case of smaller TV's, the difference is indeed noticeable. By the way, I personally use first party cables.

If I could afford them, I would get them. And also specifically which "HD cables" did you buy?

These ones are what I bought.

Also, no reason to quote HD cables as if they are not. Because, as far as what the Wii is capable of, they are true HD cables.

My TV is 46", so the HD Component Cables are...ehh, "good", but overall most things are still blurry and stretched.

Well, naturally. That's what makes me a little hesitant to hook it up on the living room TV, as I am now used to being able to clearly read text.

These ones are what I bought.

Also, no reason to quote HD cables as if they are not. Because, as far as what the Wii is capable of, they are true HD cables.

That's what I figured you have, I have almost the exact same cords, they are very nice especially when upscaling. I also quoted HD Cables because the Wii isn't capable of HD. The only HD Cables are these kind of 480p component cables (which are actually capable of 1080i, but again the Wii doesn't support that) or options that upscale the Wii to 1080p automatically for you upon output. Kinda like this: http://www.neoya.com/shop/wii2hdmi/.

My TV is 46", so the HD Component Cables are...ehh, "good", but overall most things are still blurry and stretched.

I play an N64 on an 80", its quite awesome but weird at the same time :)

But anyways, my component cables do make a difference. Sure, its no HD, but humans lived without HD for a long time, so I can cope :)

I play an N64 on an 80", its quite awesome but weird at the same time

But anyways, my component cables do make a difference. Sure, its no HD, but humans lived without HD for a long time, so I can cope

That's not true, Humans have had HD their entire lives. It's an ancient magic called "eyes."

Sent from the Netherworld.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.