Western Comics vs Manga style

Pinkie Pie

I personally prefer Comic book style, I just feel that the artists put a lot more work into it than in manga style. Sure, there aren't as many varying styles, but the comic book style just seems to look better to me, it doesn't look too cartoony, or too cute, it's realistic and really brings out the true potential of bad-ass.

(Note that I am talking about art styles here and not story, don't bring up story, art style only.)

Another +1 for manga. I never got into western comics when I was a kid, which is probably the reason why I'm far less attached to them now. I respect them, I see the care that went into their art, and I did watch some cartoons based on comics/comic properties back in the day (Spider-Man: The Animated Series, I believe?) which in turn mirrored the art style of their comic predecessor, but my fondness is for manga-style art.

Also, manga-style - in my opinion even some of the cuter stuff, depending on the setting (Madoka Magica anyone?) - also has the ability to evoke seriousness or "bad-ass-ness", but it all depends on the artist. There is some awesome stuff on Pixiv in that regard.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.