Questions about possible(or not so) Star Fox 64 cheats.

Conker

Question

Okay, is it possible to swap your Arwing with the Wolfen(maybe even the upgraded version) while flying through a stage, possibly through use of a GameShark code? Or, any enemy ship in the game, for that matter?

I am just curious, as I think this would be cool.

Now, onto my second question(s):

What about something to change the color of your lasers in single player, rather than multiplayer?

I always thought it would be cool to shoot red, or orange lasers in single player, but have yet to see a cheat for it.

Also, what about changing the color of the your ship's exhaust(or, that energy ball behind it, whatever it's called) to a custom one? An orange would look so damn hot, I tell you.

Well, I just want to know if any of this would be possible, through cheats or not, I just want to know if it can even be done.

Thanks for any answers. :)

8 answers to this question

I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible. You would just have to find the RAM address in which those colors are contained and change them to fit your liking. You could find the RAM address with Nemu. The ship changing may be possible, but I'm not sure, as they're different models.

Finally, an answer.

Whenever I have the free time, I'll look for the RAM addresses for the lasers and such, now that I actually know what needs to be done.

As for the ships, I appreciate the information there. I think there'd be some extensive work that would need to be done to do that, which is a shame.

Thank you for the help, San. :)

If the ships are all in the same file, it's probably just a matter of changing some pointers, if they're in different files - and there's no actual code in those files -, it's a matter of that and changing which file is loaded for the Arwing. If it's even worse, and the other ships are inside the file(s) of the level(s) they appear in, it's gonna be a lot of manual model porting work.

Mind you, this is all going off memory right now. I may be hacking SF64 again, but I've still gotta read up and look into things beyond the file system again...

That's true. But isn't there less documentation on Star Fox 64? Or would it be the same techniques, and what not?

This was a distress beacon from a probe on Talon IV.

It'd be the same techniques, although StarFox 64 (F3DEX) is a slightly different format from OoT's (F3DZEX/FEDEX2) It shouldn't be real different.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.