Modelling water in Sketchup

Lishy

Question

Hey guys. I'm trying to create a dungeon for JSA in Sketchup. However, I'm confused about water. How exactly am I supposed to model into my model?

Do I simply make a flat surface representing water above the intended environment, or what?

What about rapids/water flows and making small Waterfalls like Zora RIver's?

And water-temple styled water levels?

He told me that Jason777 knows how to animate it, but "no one mapped out water currents". I'm just sorta confused here about what I'm supposed to do while I'm modelling this?

... if I submitted a video tutorial on how to use z64-tex-ext to manipulate textures? It would most likely be a three part tutorial:

• Get MinGW compiler, get the python compiler/interpreter, set up the $PATH variable, get N64 toolchain (the one I am using). Explain stuff about the compiler and extra tools.
  • Get z64-tex-ext hack. Modify the makefile and include paths. Teach you how to compile the hack and explain stuff about certain files...
Steps 1 and 2, while both contain essential knowledge on how to use many of my other similar hacks/programs, can technically be avoided by creating a patch with the hack but without any usage of it. That being said, I totally think this is a great idea.

Steps 1 and 2, while both contain essential knowledge on how to use many of my other similar hacks/programs, can technically be avoided by creating a patch with the hack but without any usage of it. That being said, I totally think this is a great idea.

Yeah, I'll probably make a patch of the actual engine modification (folders "run_code" and its "hook") for simplicity's sake. The reason why I would show how to set up the compiler is to be able to compile the actual example hack and modify it to be used in other maps besides the item testing room (level select 119).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.