Configuring 1964?

Lishy

Question

Hey guys. Now that I got a new comp, I wanna emulate OoT again. My current emulator of choice is 1984, since I hear it's a really great emulator (Besides NEMU, but I don't like NEMU for some reason...)

What is the optimal configuration for 1964 and stuff? I keep getting a black screen, no matter which graphics plugin I switch to (1964, jabo 15.2, jabo 16....)

My rom settings:

Posted Image

edit: Seems a fresh install and restoring those configurations "fixed" it. However, I'm getting this problem now:

Textures are all blurry, and they "move" like polygons. Hard to describe without a video.

Can someone please tell me a decent configuration?

Posted Image

Even Jabo 16.1 has this problem on Project64!!!

Additionally, the game seems to crash if I enter the outside area of the Temple of Time.

My graphics card is SUPPOSEDLY NVidia GeForce 540M, and I even have a nvidia control panel. However, according to my DXDIAG it says Intel® HD Graphics 3000. While device manager shows both Intel® HD Graphics 3000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M.

Edit:

SEMI-fix in project 64: If I select High Process NVIDIA blahh in my NVIDIA control center, the textures can display as normal. However, it still crashes at the area outside temple of time (And long pause times)

Similarly I crash at Test Map and Strongbox Warp (Which is a HUGE SHAME because I wish to examine StrongBox Warp's art to make my own map similar to it...)

Additionally, 1964 crashes on startup if set to use NVIDIA high process blahh rather than integrated graphics.

I've tried multiple copies of the rom, so I am not sure what causes this crash. Any advice?

6 answers to this question

Check this page for setting up emulators to run the Debug ROM.

Regarding your card issues, is your computer set to run your nVidia card instead of the onboard graphics card? Device Manager will recognize added on cards even if they're not added, so you'll see it listed, but that doesn't mean that's what's doing the work.

Also, it's 1964, not 1984, just so you know.

Also, it's 1964, not 1984, just so you know.

Blame Ron Paul :P

Ok, thanks to that page, I now have a setup which seems flawless at the moment in Project 64 1.6. I think I discovered the real issue here: It's the rom? ... Maybe?

The "Clean" debug rom seems to crash outside the temple of time, whereas one which has an Arwing in Strongbox Warp and such does NOT crash outside the temple of time. Which makes me wonder if it's some other factor causing the crash? Did I forget to apply some Zelda Edit fix, or is that even necessary at all?

Did I forget a zelda edit fix?

edit:

Posted Image

My "strongbox warp arwing" rom crashes in ice cavern if I pause. I am using Jabo 15.2

WTF?

The crash in ice cavern with pause occurs in both the "arwing" rom, and the "crashing" rom... bah!

The Rice series of plugins are pretty much standard nowadays. Jabo's is stable for most games but just too often has issues with the Debug ROM--which is usually what people want to start working with in N64 emulation. Although the latest release of Glide64 seems to be a winner as well, given that it has near-perfect frame buffer emulation and overall some of the best visual quality I've seen, so you might give that a try as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.