Need some help, Really confused. :(

Armos

Question

I am having some difficaulties trying to replace and add some actors in the game. I'm getting the hang of it again but I'm having some problems trying to get the actors and stuff to load, None of them seem to spawn in game when I try to add them. For some reason I'm using Project 64. 1.6, I start the Debug Rom after I replace some actors and the game has crashed on me and the emulator closes on me. I've manged to get an Iron Knuckle to load in Kokiri forest, But nothing else. Does anyone know what I should do to fix my problem? I never had any issues before. Are there certian tutorials I should look into before doing all of this? I have all the tools I need, But I'm getting frustrated and its getting complicated. I don't want to stress over it.

Also would a hex editor come in handy for adding more actors in the game? And all that. And I don't know how to text edit, etc. And would Python come in handy too? Since I'm planning on learning it, And I'm want to learn how to Model in Blender 3D. So I can import my own models, etc. But I'm having some difficulties with this too since the newer version of Blender came out. I don't know much about enviroments, etc. And I dont know which version of Python to use. Sorry if I'm sounding pushy or anything, I dont know what I should do here, I feel like I'm stuck. Sorry. And thanks! Could it be the group number causing the game to crash?

1 answer to this question

First, what tool are you using to add the actors?

They may not appear because their object (group) is not present in the game or because they are event dependant.

What actors are you exactly trying to use?

The crashes can be due to an important object (group) in the room being removed. Have you removed any groups?

You should apply john_smith_account's fix (it's in the Q & A), it's a really nice fix.

Yes, you would need a hex editor to add any actors or objects. It can be challenging if you try it the first time but it's worth it. I should make a tutorial about how to do it.

To edit text, you can simply find and edit text in a hex editor. The Text Editor is said to be not very stable...

Python? I don't know...Blender surely is better than Sketchup, I should learn to use it too...

So, if you have any further questions...

Have patience! Even if you get frustrated about something, remember that we will help you. An example: I was very frustrated about crashes too, then john_smith_account came up with a fix!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.