Ocarina of Time Text Tool

DeathBasket

Extracts the text so you can edit it easily in notepad then inserts it back into the game for you later. Aims to make the text more easily readable and editable so you don't need to be fiddling around with a hex editor. You can also change the size of any message because the pointer table is recalculated when the text is inserted. There is only one problem I have come across so far but that is covered in the readme.

Downloads:

http://www.the-gcn.com/topic/1539-community-downloads-oot-text-tool/?do=findComment&comment=23627

https://sites.google...sketslair/files

Let me know if you have any suggestions for features or find any bugs, etc.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Nice tool, DeathBasket. I've actually taken to using it as opposed to the raw hex editing of before. However, I've come across a problem...

Glide64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_01.png

It seems to have pushed the text for Ocarina songs down slightly, and when using a warp song, it has this sort of effect:

Glide64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_02.png

Any idea how those issues are to be resolved?

100% sure it's missing a few new line commands with those. It's probably ignoring the lines in the text file because they are empty. I will see what I can do to fix it but for now a quick fix is to put a space on all the blank lines.

Update: That problem should be fixed now. I also added an option so you don't need to type the message bank or pointer table address every time (debug ROM only). Link to the file is in the first post. Let me know if you come across any other errors.

Edited by DeathBasket

That seemed to fix it. I'll still need to fix the PRESS START and file select text bugs, but you explained that in the readme, so yeah.

Also, feel free to upload the file to the Download System. It would go under the Community Downloads section. Simply upload the file, and I'll have someone approve it for you. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.