The Legend of Alice: Alice in Time (Ocarina of Time mod)

Axel

Props for the originality, but I'm just not seeing it working as a coherent story. This might work better, in my opinion, if the characters and content were completely original works themed to fit with the idea of Wonderland, but as it stands I feel more like it's just a repository for a ton of different textures from random sources, and that, ultimately, the Easter eggs come off as more a cheesy gimmick because of their ubiquity--especially when some of these become integral to the plot. Think for a moment about what you have planned--the Goddess of Wisdom is disguising herself as Spider man. I'm just not seeing this working very well, to be fully honest.

The other thing is I really can't follow the story and your reasoning for their being multiple portals in Wonderland. That is to say, I don't find the point you're trying to prove unreasonable by any means, but the evidence you use to support it just doesn't satisfy me. Why, exactly, is it impossible for Wonderland to be populated with its own objects, fauna, locations, people, and other entities, native to this world? Moreover, it seems like the story is an attempt to justify this mod being a repository of random textures and concepts as I said above.

As always, just my two cents'.

• Like 1

I respect you as a person, fellow modder, and as one of the administrator's of this site, Zeth, but I think there was no reason to give such a harsh comment on C-Force's project. Constructive criticism would have been the way to go.

Anyways, that's just my opinion; I'm just trying to stop potential drama from arising.

• Like 2

Just to explain what happened and why the story line is all goofy.

As you recall, my computer went out during work on this project and I lost all of the data on the computer.

During that time I had bought Conker's Bad Fur Day and I really got into it.

I loved how bizarre it was, and the idea behind it.

I wanted to cancel my Wonderland mod and make a project that was a parody of video games in general.

This game was to be called "Roxie's World" and be made to appeal to an older audience.

As that would be no fair to any previous fans of the project that were expecting a more friendly game.

I instead just decided to continue with the Alice in Wonderland project while trying to make it closer to Roxy's world, while keeping it child friendly.

But now that it seems that nobody cared for how I kind of combined the projects together.

I just want to know now from everybody.

Should I lock this topic and make the full transition to Roxie's World? Or do you just want me to go back to the original project, keeping it child friendly?

I believe that you should just go with this Roxie's World idea. This has nothing to do with Alice in Wonderland anymore. But to be honest, all of these elements in it are funny as hell, and shouldn't be taken out. The project overall just needs to be changed into something more along the lines of what you were thinking of with Roxie's World. We need a goofy hack, even if it's just texture and text edit. It will be funny if you pull it off right.

• Like 1

Thanks, I think that is what I'll do then. I have a lot of great ideas. I will leave what was done so far with all the Easter eggs in Roxie's World, but the story will be changed drastically. It just won't be suitable for children anymore.

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: C-Force is working on a new project: http://www.the-gcn.com/topic/1599-17-roxies-world/

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

The Gamer's Collective Network Staff