Graphics plugin

Axel

Question

Project 64 is having a hard time processing my modifications and it freezes on me every now and then. Does anybody know of a graphics plugin that can better handle hires graphics in project 64?

Or is it just the emulator itself that I need to change? If so, is there another emulator that works with Utility of Time?

It doesn't have to work with it, it'd just make it easier than having to make the modifications in Utility of Time and then pasting the new offsets into a hex editor every time I change a model.

I'm using Aristotle's version of the rice plugin right now for my graphics plugin, but apparently it's not good enough to handle my project.

6 answers to this question

Guest sakura

You might want to grab a tool to fix your ROM's CRC after any modding, PJ64 can be finnicky about that. Nemu isn't the greatest for just playing your game, but for hacking it's brilliant, and ignores errors that would stop PJ64 quite often. I'd definitely do a CRC fix first though, and see how that turns out.

The game engine is bounded to the same technical limitations of the Nintendo 64, even when running on a emulator. So if you hack exceed the N64 capabilities, it will not work.

You'll have to stick to the N64 specifications (supposing your hack is not only super graphics, in which case you could either make a texture pack instead or write a brand new engine) if you want you hack to work.

The game engine is bounded to the same technical limitations of the Nintendo 64, even when running on a emulator. So if you hack exceed the N64 capabilities, it will not work.

You'll have to stick to the N64 specifications (supposing your hack is not only super graphics, in which case you could either make a texture pack instead or write a brand new engine) if you want you hack to work.

Are you being Silly? This is a Hi-Resoultion texture pack being used via a Graphics Plugin. It's not bounded to the N64's Limitations.

• Like 2

Guest sakura

Project 64 is having a hard time processing my modifications and it freezes on me every now and then.

Oh.. I trough he was talking about actual ROM editing :lol:, my bad.

I'm pretty sure he was too, which is why I recommended CRC fixing.

Are you being Silly? This is a Hi-Resoultion texture pack being used via a Graphics Plugin. It's not bounded to the N64's Limitations.

Right, I'm only being bound to the limitations of the graphics plugin.

Model and map modeling has the same effect as the texture pack though. I figured that might also be because of my graphics plugin.

I guess the plugin isn't the only thing I'm having problems with then.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.