Need some help with editing textures.

Armos

Question

Hey guys, been awhile since I've been on here. :P Any ways. I want to know if anyone could help me with my texture editing problem. I am trying to edit Link's eyes so they can look like Sasuke's Uchiha Eternal Sharingan so they can show up clearly in the game. But I suck with the eyes, etc. So I wouldn't know what to do with them. I don't know what program to use, etc. I mainly use GIMP. But I don't know what would be a good program to use for image resizing so they can match the character's texture's, etc. I'm completely new to texture editing. I'd be appreciated if any experienced texture makers could help me out. That'd be great. :) And another question for the textures. If I wanted to import some non-hires textures for a mod. I could do that correct? Thanks.

1 answer to this question

When you're resizing textures for hires, you generally just need to keep them in proportion to the originals. There's an option in most image editors under resize called 'constrain proportions' or something similar. Make sure that's ticked and change one size. The other should change proportionally to the one you've altered.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.