EB EXPO 2012 Wrap up

Aussiezoom

Hey guys, i thought i would post a quick wrap up of the EB Games Expo 2012.

The expo was a great way for the Australians to see whats going on in the world of gaming. Myself and Shadow Fire went to the expo and we enjoyed ourselfs. The expo started on the friday with a spectacular video opening and a motocross spectacular as it was it was spectacular in showcasing the scale of the expo.

Posted Image

(Shadow Fire As The Hunter...)

mind you while this was going on i did have some resivations as last years expo turned out as more of a trade show then a mini E3.But after experiencing the EXPO for all it had to offer, I came away fairly pleased with the service provided. Aside from a few hickups in relation to waiting times etc, the atmosphere was friendly and it was overall a load of fun. i would love to go into detail but its late so i will wrap it here and just add what we played at the bottom

Posted Image

( Me As A Splicer From Bioshock)

We managed to get our hands on some playable demos that included:

Activision

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Electronic Arts

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Mindscape

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Namco Bandai

Tomb Raider

Hitman: Absolution

Nintendo

Wii U console

ZombiU

New Super Mario Bros U

NintendoLand

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Playstation

Wonderbook: Book of Spells

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

God of War: Ascension

Sega

Aliens: Colonial Marines

THQ

WWE '13

( Not That I Played Mind You...)

Ubisoft ( They Always had A HUGE Line...)

Assassin's Creed III

Far Cry 3

Warner Bros Home Entertainment Group Australia

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Xbox 360

Halo 4

• Like 2

I had such a blast. Being able to meet Charles Martinet was a mind-blowing experience, plus I had a whole bunch of fun as a Hunter. I had a few pictures taken, and got to be in character quite a bit.

In the community hub area, they had a whole bunch of retro arcade games, a pool table, air hockey, and a really cool "spray-painting wall", which was actually software projected onto a screen. One of the arcade games was a variant of Sonic the Hedgehog (the MegaDrive/Genesis version), which omitted Marble Zone, Labyrinth Zone, and Scrap Brain Act 3, as well as the special stages. Instead of the 10 minute time limit, each level had to be completed within a certain time, which counted down. You only got 3 lives for the full run. I managed to get top scores, before it had to be turned off, due to one of the arcade joysticks breaking not long after I left it. However, all in all, I had such a blast. At this current time, I'm still in Sydney for another couple of days, and I plan on enjoying the rest of my time here. Now, I leave you with some pics of my own...

Posted Image

The Hunter Prepares...

Posted Image

Subdued by Master Chief...

Posted Image

Confronting Umbrella Corporation...

Posted Image

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Hunter...

Posted Image

Hunter - Assassinated

• Like 3

That's scary? Huh.

-- Transmitted by an ancient satellite from across the cosmic web. Or my cellphone, if you prefer.

Clearly, sir, you have yet to actually play this game in a dark room, by yourself, while all your friends torment you with scary shit over a Skype call (i.e. doing it right). >:V

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.