Silent hill fun fact

Aussiezoom

Did you know that?

Silent hill is based on a real ghost town. The town of Centralia Pennsylvania has become abandoned since 1979 because of a mine fire. The fire still burns and the smoke coming from the ground looks almost like the ominous fog from Silent Hill. Here is the full article:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania

Now you Know!

• Like 2

Correction: It was the basis for Silent Hill the movie. Silent Hill the game series has snow, not ash. As a huge fan of the games, it drives me nuts whenever someone claims the snow is ash, so I felt the need to point that out. No offense to anyone who enjoyed the movie, but as an adaptation its terrible as there's almost no indication those involved in its production actually played the source material.

Still looks like an interesting place. I'd love to check it out someday if I got a chance.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Correction: It was the basis for Silent Hill the movie. Silent Hill the game series has snow, not ash. As a huge fan of the games, it drives me nuts whenever someone claims the snow is ash, so I felt the need to point that out. No offense to anyone who enjoyed the movie, but as an adaptation its terrible as there's almost no indication those involved in its production actually played the source material.

Still looks like an interesting place. I'd love to check it out someday if I got a chance.

I'm a huge fan of the game series too and I agree the first movie wasn't that great (I haven't seen the second one yet). The first four games of the main series were kickass games though

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.