Is the Wii U worth it?

Armos

For those that have bought the Wii U on launch day. Is the system it's self worth the trouble waiting to buy? I'm considering buying the console when ever I get the money, I'm just going to wait until Christmas is over and everything chills down and getting the system for my self. Along with a new 3DS. If the system is worth it. Can anyone posts its pros and cons, etc? I'd be appreciated. :) I'm looking forward into buying the console my self. Hopefully we will see price drops within a few months. "Hopefully" Thanks. :)

I dont own one yet and i will wait.

How ever, I doubt that there will be a price drop so quickly after launch because Nintendo goes in minus for each console they sell, Well in other hands they go plus for each game and accessory people buy. And the prices on the games/console will probably not drop that much either, Its Ninendo you know.

Well, I have read that there is some problems with the wii u, Some times it just freeze and need a reboot. Well its nothing new if you think about it, There is always some small issues with new console so close after launch.

• Like 1

I dont own one yet and i will wait.

How ever, I doubt that there will be a price drop so quickly after launch because Nintendo goes in minus for each console they sell, Well in other hands they go plus for each game and accessory people buy. And the prices on the games/console will probably not drop that much either, Its Ninendo you know.

Well, I have read that there is some problems with the wii u, Some times it just freeze and need a reboot. Well its nothing new if you think about it, There is always some small issues with new console so close after launch.

I agree with you on that. I'm more happy enjoying my PS3 at the moment. So I was thinking maybe I'll try the Wii U out at Best Buy or something before I decide if I want to get it or not. Thanks for helping guys. :)

• Like 1

I've actually played the Wii U and enjoyed a lot of the minigames on Nintendoland so far, personally I feel its worth it. I've spent hours playing the games on there with my friends, the Metroid Blast is especially fun though Zelda Battle Quest is a HUGE challenge! I've gotten addicted personally to the Animal Crossing and Luigi's mansion minigames, those two are my absolute favorite. I will say part of the downside is some of the minigames you can only play with 2+ and cannot be played in single player. I actually had no problem with the Wii U gamepad, its very light actually and it felt comfortable in my hands, learning the controls takes a little bit to get use as it does with any new console but it doesn't feel out of the normal.

• Like 4

I'll get it when a new Zelda game comes out, but really, it just isn't a next gen console. Sure the specs are better than the Xbox 360 and PS3 but not enough. Oh well, I would have really liked to see a Zelda game with actual next gen graphics. But it's not about that, it's about game play, and Nintendo's game play is always so polished and fun it makes you forget about the graphics and immerses you through that. Great job Nintendo.

• Like 2

Considered how developers say it's even worse than the 360/PS3's CPU, not even true. Same with the GPU, too(I think).

The things we'll be seeing the Orbis and Durango produce graphics wise will be comparable to high end PC games.

-- Transmitted by an ancient satellite from across the cosmic web. Or my cellphone, if you prefer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.