Zelda Ocarina of Time Group List

Airikita

This is just a list for mainly a reference right now... part of some research I'm conducting for my mod, but this will be useful for everyone to look at too. So I will make a complete list of group numbers, and their relationship to actors based on their object files (not AI/actor files).

The list will be updated as I go along, so this will help determine future modifications. This falls under AI code research; I am studying an important piece to some NPCs, and hope to get something to work once I have a list. This may also determine an entire list of groups and objects with help from others.

Also, one group can be used by multiple actors... gameplay_keep elements is used by many actors, as is others... the Skulltula group 0024 is used by 3 different actors: hanging Skulltula, Wallskulltula/Gold Skulltula, and the Gold Skulltula Token.

These are the group numbers (zobj files) (not actor numbers):

0000 - undefined (Link)

0001 - undefined

0002 - Butterfly

0003 - Volvagia's Flame?

0004 - ?

0005 - ?

0006 - ?

0007 - Octorok

0008 - Guay

0009 - ?

000A - Great Fairy

000B - Wallmaster

000C - Dodongo (enemy)

000D - Keese

000E - Tree light demo?

000F - ?

0010 - ?

0011 - ?

0012 - Shabom (bubble enemy)

0013 - Hopping Cucco

0014 - ovl_Arms_Hook (zobj undetermined.... hookshot?)

0015 - Deku Shield

0016 - Tektite

0017 - Reeba?

0018 - Peehat

0019 - King Dodongo (Boss)

001A - Epona

001B - Lizalfos

001C - Gohma

001D - Young Zelda

001E - Gohma Egg/Larvae

001F - Baby Dodongo

0020 - Dark Link

0021 - Biri?

0022 - Electric Eel thing from lord Jabu Jabu

0023 - ?

0024 - Skulltula/Gold Skulltula/Token

0025 - Torch Slug

More to be updated... still forming a list.

Edited by Airikita

A mild gripe that a select few individuals might raise a fuss about, but it's much more accurate to say objects instead of groups. Conceptually, yes, it's easier to think of these things as groups in terms of how they work in maps and scenes to load up individual actors, but considering what they actually are, referring to them as objects makes more sense. With that said, I'm not exactly sure what you mean, then, when you refer to objects in your original post--are you talking about files with the extension .zobj or something to that extent?

I'd still say this is a list worth finishing, given that names of actual actors are much easier to recognize than the often nondescript or even misleading file names (seriously, how the hell does "Torch2" have anything to do with Dark Link? >.>).

Exactly this. For example, "object_sk2" could mean anything, right? It's the Stalfos IIRC. Or just picking a random example from the list, what's "object_xc"? It's 0x008A so it's what according to the actor list...? Oh lulz, it's a question mark! <.<

EDIT: Okay, there's another list on the wiki - http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Debug_ROM:_ZOBJ_List - which ex. lists object_xc as Shiek, but doesn't list the object number. One single list that lists object number, object (file)name, actual human-readable name, and maybe the file's start and end addresses doesn't seem to exist.

Edited by xdaniel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.