I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Conker

This is just ridiculous. Are these people actually so brain dead as to blame Mass Effect on an Elementary School Shooting because someone liked it on Facebook? Really? I just... I just can't. Usually, I would type out a long paragraph as to why they are so idiotic and stick up for video games, but no.

I give up on humanity.

Let's ban water.

get used to the media blaming video games for some crazy ass kids going nuts

Uh, no. If you get used to it, the problem isn't going to go away.

Someone, some smart person out there, needs to make a stand; this person needs to get interviews scheduled on each major news channel

and speak out against all of the idiots pinning the blame on videogames. Boy, if I knew how to get said interviews set up, I'd sure as shit do it.

So, yeah, I am not getting used to it. Sorry.

While I was eating at a Chinese restruant the other day. They were blaming Starcraft for the cause. I'm like, really? These guys need to quit pointing fingers at video games, its just making the rest of the gamers in the rest of the world look bad. It's like saying, All gamers have a mental illness. Sheesh.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, they can blame everything they want. People are now using it as fuel to support their political viewpoints, which is absolutely sickening. The fact of the matter is, there seems to be very little in the ways of morals anymore. There has always been violence in our society, but it seems to be getting worse. Its not the fault of videogames, or guns, or religion. It is because no one seems to have the same opinion of what's evil or good anymore. There has always been a necessary communal idea of good and evil: but nowadays everything has become a matter of opinion. If we can't all see past the narrow-sighted ideals of opinion, I can see things getting worse.

• Like 2

You know, they can blame everything they want. People are now using it as fuel to support their political viewpoints, which is absolutely sickening. The fact of the matter is, there seems to be very little in the ways of morals anymore. There has always been violence in our society, but it seems to be getting worse. Its not the fault of videogames, or guns, or religion. It is because no one seems to have the same opinion of what's evil or good anymore. There has always been a necessary communal idea of good and evil: but nowadays everything has become a matter of opinion. If we can't all see past the narrow-sighted ideals of opinion, I can see things getting worse.

Human Beings are just barbaric and intolerant by nature but I can't see anyone disagreeing that this animal is just pure evil.

We can blame everything we want, games, movies, people, toys but it is not going 2 change the fact things happen. We can't get rid of evil. Evil has been here since Adam and Eve ate the fruit. The guy was a loner and had mental illness. So yeah, evil is easier 2 get 2 him and mess with his mind. But that does not mean they can ban games from everyone. Different things can change different people minds, but they cant take that privilege from everyone. Although I feel sorry for the families and yes even the guy that did this.

• Like 1

We can blame everything we want, games, movies, people, toys but it is not going 2 change the fact things happen. We can't get rid of evil. Evil has been here since Adam and Eve ate the fruit. The guy was a loner and had mental illness. So yeah, evil is easier 2 get 2 him and mess with his mind. But that does not mean they can ban games from everyone. Different things can change different people minds, but they cant take that privilege from everyone. Although I feel sorry for the families and yes even the guy that did this.

yes as long as there is good there will always be evil. After all how could one possibly exist without the other? I still think he's an animal, after all we have a conscience (well, most of us anyways) a free will and the difference between right and wrong. This guy could have chose to be different, but no, he chose to slaughter innocent people. That is unforgivable.

Am I the only one on this entire planet who thinks good is perfectly capable of existing without evil whatsoever? Meh, probably.

Sadly, light is not capable of existing without darkness to counter it, and the same goes in reverse. Purity and malice are also caught in this eternal web.

It is unfortunate, but it is a fact of life.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Sadly, light is not capable of existing without darkness to counter it, and the same goes in reverse. Purity and malice are also caught in this eternal web.

It is unfortunate, but it is a fact of life.

No it's not. These are man-made concepts and as such their interpretation varies from person to person; you can't have a fact based on something with no definite meaning. As for light and darkness, in the literal sense darkness can exist without light (basically by definition) but since you can never fill a space completely with light, the opposite is not true.

I agree with Blinx in that we can have 'good' people without 'evil' ones, I just don't think people use their brains enough to know what they should or shouldn't do. But again, the problem is that people don't think the same way of what this all means.

• Like 1

Am I the only one on this entire planet who thinks good is perfectly capable of existing without evil whatsoever? Meh, probably.

No it's not. These are man-made concepts and as such their interpretation varies from person to person; you can't have a fact based on something with no definite meaning. As for light and darkness, in the literal sense darkness can exist without light (basically by definition) but since you can never fill a space completely with light, the opposite is not true.

I agree with Blinx in that we can have 'good' people without 'evil' ones, I just don't think people use their brains enough to know what they should or shouldn't do. But again, the problem is that people don't think the same way of what this all means.

you guys are both right good could exist without evil, if we lived in a perfect world where everyone agreed on their concepts of what is right and what is wrong. Maybe one day we(as a species not as individuals) will live in a world where we will understand each other and agree on these things, but not anytime soon. Humans have come a long way in these aspects. People use to kill each other everyday over the littlest things(even though some still do, most don't). We have even created weapons capable of mass destruction and for the first time in history decided not to use them. Sure we have a long way to go, but we as a whole are definately headed in the right direction.

• Like 1

yes as long as there is good there will always be evil. After all how could one possibly exist without the other? I still think he's an animal, after all we have a conscience (well, most of us anyways) a free will and the difference between right and wrong. This guy could have chose to be different, but no, he chose to slaughter innocent people. That is unforgivable.

Yes, your right. Everyone has a conscience. I kinda feel sad 4 the guy. I mean he had those type of thoughts and I would hate to have been him at that time. I think what he really felt was anger and sadness and took it out on someone innocent which if he was still alive, he would have regretted it. We all do things we regret. Even though it is not has big as his, in a way, it doesn't matter what we do, our sins all are equal. You may not go to prison for calling someone a name, but it is the same way as killing someone, because we have killed their confidence. But I am happy for the families who forgave him and had no anger towards him, because that is what we need to do for a better world. People have tried to rob our house 4 times, once kicking in our door and putting fear into my baby bro and sis. Yeah sure I was angry that someone did that, but if I let it go, I would be more peaceful instead of wasting my time being angry at someone. But yes, you r right. He could have chose different, but reacted so fast to his anger, which is why the world is evil in the first place.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.