Not exactly a question, buuut

SanguinettiMods

Question

I PROPOSE A(N) (Challenge? Or not?) IDEA TO THE GREAT ASSEMBLY HACKERS OF THE FORUMS.

Cannibalize OoT and turn it into an interactive F3DZEX/F3DEX2 Viewer.

Imagine a flat plain where one can use something similar to the debug camera panning around a display list defined in the corner. It would choose from the file table, a file to render, and stuff... Details could be figured later.

Would this even be possible, and even if so, feasible? I would love to see a Map Editor made -inside- OoT. Environment actors like sounds and snow would render -live- and such~

5 answers to this question

There are things like this already out there that spinout has made such as the God mode and Tool Box hacks. It's specifically for maps and not individual objects, though...

I still think that it would be cool to have a certain scene set aside (I always use 109 or 107 for testing purposes) specifically for this hack.

It just that I think on-the-fly ROM hacking would be so cool. As well as a display list viewer, similar to UoT, but emulated within the actual game. There would be no lighting or texture flaws, and the combiner would be emulated correctly. I know ZAP2 and ZLE2 kind of did this, but Spinout, I could never get your God Mode hack to work for me, I probably was doing something wrong.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.