Discussion: Does anyone else here besides me have trouble making up gamer/name tags?

Armos

For PSN, Xbox Live, and Steam gamer tags. Does anyone else have trouble of frustration coming up with their own gamer names for your console or gaming PC? I mean, every time I think of a name I want, the name is already taken. I can't decide which PSN name I want to have and stick with it, because it's a pain in a butt trying to make up your own gamer name for your self if you want to play online or keep tracks of your trophies, etc. Is there anyone else besides me who has the same trouble? I am really bad with names so I was wondering if there is anyone else that has the same problem as me making up names. I came up with the name Vaper_Fang for my PSN name. "I'm thinking of making a new one" But I don't know about it. But what do you guys think when it comes to making up your gamer names?

Hm, I tend to stick with "xdaniel" and attach abbreviations of things to that if it's already taken, like "xdanieldzd" for ex. my mail address or "xdanieldzdgcn" for Steam. Otherwise, if I need a nickname for something I won't really be using (like a forum I need to register at to download something), I just use something like "rndm" (for "random") and a number. Never really thought about changing that "xdaniel" - been called that for years now, like 10+ years.

• Like 2

I've been Naxylldritt pretty much my whole internet life since I got started in the Zelda modding community; I've tried changing it a few times (to Aedus or esper or somesuch) but my current name is always what's stuck. You may as well come up with something unique that really defines you and try to stick with that once you find something not taken, because what's not taken on a relatively massive community like PSN is probably also available in several other places.

• Like 1

I used to be Wiikid. which I didn't really use for anywhere but the Zelda community. But on Xbox Live, a few MMOs, and on Steam, I'm known as Oowoon. I myself never came up with the name, it came up in the random name generator from the now-shut down MMO Star Wars Galaxies. I've stuck with it ever since, it's never been taken on any service I sign up for.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm curious to know if anyone here is good with coming up any names. I'm not asking anyone to give me a PSN name. I just want to know what is a good idea to come with a name so my name wont get made fun of, etc. It's getting a pain to where I can't even think of a name and its already taken. It's getting really stupid to the point where I can't think anymore. I just want to know if anyone can give me some advice of coming up with a good name. Thanks. :)

I use random name generators whenever I feel uninspired. My name on here is literally just my name, but only because I wanted it tied to my youtube account easier. Random name generators are always fun.

This is a fun one to laugh at some of the names it produces http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/ Don't know if I'd use it for forum names unless you can find a really good combination.

Hey guys, I'm curious to know if anyone here is good with coming up any names. I'm not asking anyone to give me a PSN name. I just want to know what is a good idea to come with a name so my name wont get made fun of, etc. It's getting a pain to where I can't even think of a name and its already taken. It's getting really stupid to the point where I can't think anymore. I just want to know if anyone can give me some advice of coming up with a good name. Thanks. :)

Armos, didn't you already make a thread about this? :P

Armos, didn't you already make a thread about this? :P

I don't even remember. lol I haven't been on the forum in about a month I think? I've been dealing with real life situations so I don't know. Sorry if I did. :(

It´s actually quite easy. I usually come up with names by looking up words in different languages and then merging them with words from another language for example: Ciemnyhest (ciemny means dark in polish and hest means horse in danish). Also another way to come up with a name is to just take your 1st name and write it in reverse like my username (Netsrac= Carsten).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.