Question about the Xbox 360/Slim.

Armos

Hey there guys, I'm thinking about getting a Xbox 360 Slim here pretty soon. I was wondering a few questions if I should get it or not. I never owned a Xbox 360 in my life so I don't know anything about it. So I don't know it's pros and cons, etc. I am thinking about buying the console and getting some games for it. But my main concern is what are the pros and cons about the Xbox 360 Slim? Is it wortth it and do I have to worry about the RRoD? I know you have to treat these kinds of consoles just like a computer. Because they have hardware in it I think. Well I'm just curious because like I said I've never owned the console before. I own a PS3 and a Wii, but I don't know anything about the 360. Will I have to worry about any pros or cons, etc? Like the console shutting down on me if it over heats, or lag spikes during gameplay, etc. If any 360 owners have any experiences can you please share? And please don't make any Xbox sucks or PS3 sucks comments. Thanks! :)

Personally, the system gave me lots of problems, but that is because I had the older model. I hear the new one is relatively stable.

You should be good, I think, but if you're used to not having to pay for an online service(like with your PS3), you're in for a very unpleasant surprise here.

If you want to do anything but download games/demos, add friends, and a couple other things I think, you'll need to pay for Xbox Live Gold. There's no free online play, there is no free use of video applications(including YouTube, which should be illegal), and so on, all requiring you to fork over money for a Gold account.

Also, the 360's exclusives are few in numbers and not even nearly as impressive as some of the exclusives Sony or Nintendo has. The best exclusive the Xbox has ever had, in my opinion, is the Fable games, and even then, the only true exclusive in that series is Fable II, as it only ever came out on the 360. The rest (that come to mind) are just generic brodude shooters like Gears of War. Halo, however, is alright.

Anyways, granted you have a Gold account, it's a pretty good system.

• Like 1

I own the 3rd version of the original console, the Arcade console, and my dad owns the slim. While I prefer the slim because it runs certain games at higher framerates, I prefer the older systems. Why is it you ask? The newer systems aren't backwards compatible with the list of backwards compatible games unless you buy the internal harddrive you insert by removing the bottom panel.

Fuck you Microsoft, fuck you.

Save up and buy a Wii U. The Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 only have a year or so left in them, and you already own a PlayStation so unless you're buying your XBox purely for Halo i wouldn't get one, but then again buying one simply for Halo isn't enough reason to begin with. You'll have to pay for your internet use too, and althought it doesn't cost much it's the principle that counts. You shouldn't have to send more on your internet ontop of what you spend, especially considering the fact you're paying for practically nothing. (their servers are supposed to be more secure but i've had no problems on the PS3)

It comes down to your choice here but the Wii U looks pretty decent in my opinion. The Wiiverse looks fun and the community is supposed to be awesome at this point. not to mention the upcoming Zelda games you can buy for it.

Save up and buy a Wii U. The Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 only have a year or so left in them, and you already own a PlayStation so unless you're buying your XBox purely for Halo i wouldn't get one, but then again buying one simply for Halo isn't enough reason to begin with. You'll have to pay for your internet use too, and althought it doesn't cost much it's the principle that counts. You shouldn't have to send more on your internet ontop of what you spend, especially considering the fact you're paying for practically nothing. (their servers are supposed to be more secure but i've had no problems on the PS3)

It comes down to your choice here but the Wii U looks pretty decent in my opinion. The Wiiverse looks fun and the community is supposed to be awesome at this point. not to mention the upcoming Zelda games you can buy for it.

That's true. I still haven't made up my mind though. I was going to see and wait until Nintendo releases more games for the Wii U. And there are some games that I want to play on the Xbox 360 since I have two other brothers who use my PS3 more than I do. :P  And I want to wait and see if a price will drop on the 32gig console on the Wii U.  I'm worried about buying the Wii U and my brothers using the friend code to add their friends on it. More importantly I can't have my privacy. xD I'm worried about buying the Wii U and not being able to buy a game after that lol, "Well I get paid next week" but you know what I mean. ;)

Save up and buy a PC, if you dont wanna throw money at a computer then wait for the next gen consoles.

I have a PC, what do you think I'm typing from. :P Unless you mean a gaming PC. :)

I love the Xbox 360, but I will advise not going for the Slim. They are not the best 360 models out there (they can really scratch your disc to all hell if you bump it the wrong way while it is loading). Personally, I would suggest the Elite model. The fat, black one, with the larger HDD, and a lot less chance of running it into a RROD. So, stay away from the Slim, but definitely get a 360.

I love the Xbox 360, but I will advise not going for the Slim. They are not the best 360 models out there (they can really scratch your disc to all hell if you bump it the wrong way while it is loading). Personally, I would suggest the Elite model. The fat, black one, with the larger HDD, and a lot less chance of running it into a RROD. So, stay away from the Slim, but definitely get a 360.

I disagree. Any Xbox 360 model does that. At least, the white and the slim ones. Anyway, I would suggest you get the slim model. It's probably the best of all the Xbox's (WiFi, much less noise, more USB ports)

Hey guys, I've already decided what I want to get and I have it. 39" Sanyo LED 1080p HDTV. I've got this for around 300 bucks at Walmart. So I'm gonna work and end up gettin a Wii U next. :D Hopefully. :) Well thanks for the support and no hate comments. :D I appreciate the help. :) Mr Colonel Blinx, If you can can you lock this thread? Thanks!. ^_^

• Like 1