Kenny Strawn, give up.

Conker

Because you have no future in journalism. So, like, stop trying to get somewhere with your (deservedly) small and unknown blog.

http://strawn-04.blogspot.com/2012/09/apples-new-is-really-pseudo-new-1st.html?m=1

I'm sorry, but this is the most idiotic, fanboy-idiocy-fueled article I've read as of late. All it amounts to is, basically, "iOS has features. WHAT A KNOCK OFF OF ANDROID." Not even everything written in the article is factual, either, and he's mostly just pulling made up arguments out of his ass so he can have a reason to bash iOS.

The rest of it is trivial shit, that is no big fucking deal at all; OH WOW, THEY REARRANGED SOMETHING IN THEIR SETTINGS, WHAT A RIPOFF. OH WOW, THEY CHANGED SOMETHING'S COLOR, SO MUCH THEFT. OH MAH GAWD, THEY'RE IMPROVING USABILITY WITH FEATURES THAT HAVE ACTUALLY EXISTED IN PC'S YEARS BEFORE EVEN IOS OR ANDROID, UNNNGH THE WORLD IS OVER.

The only blatant knock-off I see on my iPhone is this fucking pull down status bar, and whoopdy-fucking-doo if Apple decides to give me an amazing feature such as that, I'm happy to have it.

Anyways, Kenny Strawn, screw you. It's people like you from any fandom that makes said fandom as a whole look bad.

Also, I may own an iPhone, but there's certainly no bias here from me; I'm just pointing out blatant idiocy as I see it. I don't hold any bias here, so don't even bother getting on my ass about what doesn't exist.

Oops, I ranted again.

Sent from my cell phone, because fuck ancient satellites from across the cosmic web.

Is one supposed to know this Kenny Strawn?

Anyway, while you could say I "hate" the Apple of today and their products (in contrast to that of the iMac and G3/G4 days), I don't launch tirades like that. Plus, I have to admit I like the, from what I've seen, unified look of GUI applications on iOS - on Android, depending on the apps you have, you potentially get a jumble of 5+ different styles.

• Like 1

The word "ripoff" now has no meaning to me whatsoever. In rhetoric, this is considered very poor use of repetition.

I hate Apple, but because of their policies and philosophy on consumer rights regarding their products. I don't really give a damn if their products are unoriginal; features shouldn't be patented, and if something is useful and convenient, there's no point trying to invent a different way to do effectively the same thing. That's as stupid as arguing every game console ever is a rip off of the Game & Watch because it's a machine designed to play video games.

• Like 3

Is one supposed to know this Kenny Strawn?

Anyway, while you could say I "hate" the Apple of today and their products (in contrast to that of the iMac and G3/G4 days), I don't launch tirades like that. Plus, I have to admit I like the, from what I've seen, unified look of GUI applications on iOS - on Android, depending on the apps you have, you potentially get a jumble of 5+ different styles.

To be fair, Google's done a lot to fix that. If more developers would just break free of support for anything below ICS (4.0), you'd start seeing a much more unified style. Manufactures also kinda mess up the look with their skins, Moto seems to be the only one to understand that seeing how similar to stock theirs is as of late. Samsung and LG are the biggest offenders there. I think this is part of why the Nexus devices are becoming as popular as they are.

But yeah, articles like that are pointless. Obsessing over a cell phone operating system like that... surely you must have better things to do with your life.

I say this as an Android fan, since they have sideloading and a filesystem. Being open source doesn't hurt, either. Philosophical differences, what's right for me isn't going to be right for everyone else. Some people benefit from the strict consistancy Apple provides.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.