[TUTORIAL]Extracting Music from PS2 DVDs/ISOs

Conker

Warning! Image heavy!

As the warning title states, this tutorial is indeed image heavy. Proceed at your own caution if this can have negative effects on your browsing experience.

Just a heads up!

Some games have music and sound effects mixed into a single file, so there are times you'll have to sift through many files to find what it is you're looking for, due to the program extracting the many sound effects of the game with the music files.

Fortunately, not all games are like this.

One more thing!

If you want a higher sampling rate on the audio, it's best to go into the configuration window to adjust this setting, since by default, it has the sampling rate set to 22050. However, I do not recommend actually doing this, as for some reason, doing so in PSound makes the audio high-pitched. Only do so if you want to.

To get to the configuration window, you can go to Options -> Configure. Or, you can just press CTRL+C in PSound.

Once there, look for where it says "Sample Rate", there should be text that reads, "Force to". What you have to do is click on the box to the left of it, and then pick the sampling rate; try setting it to 44100 Hz. Now press "OK'.

Okay, now get to work on extracting the music! :)

Welcome to my tutorial! Now, keep in mind, you're going to need the following before we begin:And, if at all relevant to your interests, I am pretty sure this works with PS1 games, as well! And yes, you can also extract other sounds besides music. ;)
Now, let's get to it! :)

hr.png

warning.png

hr.png

Panel1.png

hr.png

Panel2.png

hr.png

Panel3.png

hr.png

Panel4.png

hr.png

Panel5.png

hr.png

Panel6.png

hr.png

Panel7.png

hr.png

Panel8.png

hr.png

Panel9.png

hr.png

Panel10.png

hr.png

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.