Beta content in PRIMA Strategy Guide for OOT

giadrosich

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I found something interesting in my original Prima strategy guide for Zelda OOT (1998 copy).

Excuse the craptastic picture, I don't have a scanner:

HNI_0048-1_zps22038d99.jpg

It looks to me like there are two floating platforms there instead of one. What do you guys think? The guide clearly says to jump over only one floating platform, so not sure what's going on in the picture. It would be odd they specify just "one floating platform" instead of saying "a floating platform" too.

"Here you find a large chasm bridge by one floating platform."

• Like 1

The back of the Ocarina of Time box has three pictures from the beta. One which actually still has Navi being red and link having the bow, bombs, and ocarina, and 9 small keys. 

Huh. Never noticed. I guess it's safe to assume you guys are true fans. Kudos! :D

Anyway, it really is too bad Ocarina of Time never made it anywhere near as far as planned. They had so much they were going to do with it, but due to the lack of cartridge memory, they couldn't go as far as they'd like. But I don't have to tell you that.

In the (extremely old, dilapidated and only mostly intact) strategy guide for OoT I have, the strategy for Dark Link is accompanied with a picture of Link unsuccessfully attacking Dark Link with a spin attack and a timer displayed onscreen... no idea what that was about. Then again, the guide also says spin attacks are how you beat Dark Link (lol). I would provide pics but I don't have the guide on me at the moment.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.