How Do I Use Sharp Ocarina?

Samurai

Question

6 answers to this question

Something you create using SharpOcarina. Create a new scene, then add your collision model, then your room model(s). You save the configuration you make in SO (actors, etc) to an XML Scene File so that you don't have to redo all that stuff over again if you happen to quit the program.

Huh. Makes sense. Thanks!

Okay, what about Wavefront .obj Models? How do they fit into the picture?

(Why aren't there any tutorials on this stuff?)

Wavefront objects are a specification of 3D models supported by most mainstream modeling programs (such as SketchUp (Pro), Blender, 3DS Max, Maya, and the like). This is what we generally use as a standard for conversion to what are called display lists, which is essentially a 3D model recognizable by the game and can be anything from a map to an NPC. There aren't any tutorials because the readme file included with SharpOcarina gives pretty much a total explanation of all the controls and parameters, and isn't particularly difficult to understand. There's also a demo map included which is fully functional and free of bugs for you to test to get a feel for the program, so if you're just starting out, take a look at the readme file and try to get that map working, it shouldn't be too hard.

• Like 2

Wavefront objects are a specification of 3D models supported by most mainstream modeling programs (such as SketchUp (Pro), Blender, 3DS Max, Maya, and the like). This is what we generally use as a standard for conversion to what are called display lists, which is essentially a 3D model recognizable by the game and can be anything from a map to an NPC. There aren't any tutorials because the readme file included with SharpOcarina gives pretty much a total explanation of all the controls and parameters, and isn't particularly difficult to understand. There's also a demo map included which is fully functional and free of bugs for you to test to get a feel for the program, so if you're just starting out, take a look at the readme file and try to get that map working, it shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks, bro, I'll do that.

I gotta say, reminds me of my Halo: Custom Edition days. I was just about to get into the 3DS Max when my computer at the time decided to crap out on me. Ha! Brings back memories. Right after I got that computer running again, I turned to Zelda modding, quit for about a year or so, and I came back within the past few weeks. I really missed it. I feel great that I could do this stuff again with a game I loved so much.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys, this community is primo.

Keep rockin'. ../

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.