Crawling with Adult Link

Strati

Question

Have anyone tried it before or knows anything on modding the game to allow adult Link to go through (custom sized) crawlspaces?

If things are simple how I'm hoping they are, the change should be an adult/child byte on the crawlhole polygon type code definition,

so if you at least know what file this could be, that's already a start.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

I've never seen anyone try to make a crawl hole for Adult Link, not to mention you need to be a Child to go through the crawl space of the Spirit Temple.

If you're hoping to implement crawl spaces in general then I would recommend following this link. It was geared toward custom maps back when there was only Obj2Area so if you know what you're doing then I'm pretty sure you can take the knowledge acquired from it and use it in SharpOcarina: https://sites.google.com/site/flotonic65/modding/n64zeldatut/customcollisionincustommaps

Since entering the crawl hole is triggered by a specific polygon type, I believe at some point after the collision, it must check if link is in adult /child state and then break/execute the crawl function.

My first idea was just to use the rolling to go under determined spaces (btw, I intend to use just Adult Link).

I've been testing passages with different heights and either rolling or walking gives the same results.

The limit is around 49 units. Link won't pass anything under and will pass anything above.

Guest sakura

I went ahead and looked into this for you. You were right that the game checks the age upon hitting the right collision type, so I changed it to allow Adult Link as well.

AdultLinkCanEnterCrawlspaces.zip

Please Read

I'm not %100 sure that it doesn't also handle the checks for other Child / Adult actions. You may not care if you're only using Adult Link, but make sure to test that it's what you want before adding it to a working copy of your mod please.

• Like 1

Have anyone tried it before or knows anything on modding the game to allow adult Link to go through (custom sized) crawlspaces?

If things are simple how I'm hoping they are, the change should be an adult/child byte on the crawlhole polygon type code definition,

so if you at least know what file this could be, that's already a start.

I just altered the collision and graphics to entirely remove the crawl spaces. That's exactly how I got adult Link in the Bottom of the Well. You can check out proof in the thread for my mod, Tainted Blade.

I can't answer this but the title sounds like a 90s pop song. Actually imagine that....

~ I may be slow. ~

~ But I don't care. ~

~ Just don't poke. ~

~ Or else I'll write you up! ~

~ Oooooooooh. ~

~ Just leave alone (just leave alone)! ~

Next time you see me, you won't see walking with Young Link! ~

~ But you'll see me crawling with Adult Link! ~

Oh god my lyrical writing skills suck.

Thanks a lot.

I'll do some file-comparing in HxD to see if I can learn anything on how you got to enable that. :D

Now, why I asked for a crawling adult link?

I had this crazy idea - don't laugh - of recreating the maps of Super Metroid, but to be explored with Link's abilities, so the crawling would make up for the morph ball.

I don't think I'll ever manage to take on this project, but who knows. Maybe when I need a break from my "main project" I might end up doing a room or another.

Thanks a lot.

I'll do some file-comparing in HxD to see if I can learn anything on how you got to enable that. :D

Now, why I asked for a crawling adult link?

I had this crazy idea - don't laugh - of recreating the maps of Super Metroid, but to be explored with Link's abilities, so the crawling would make up for the morph ball.

I don't think I'll ever manage to take on this project, but who knows. Maybe when I need a break from my "main project" I might end up doing a room or another.

Interesting idea. That reminds me of a video I saw--and I can't for the life of me find it again--about Mario bros 1-1 recreated in a zelda mod. They had repositioned the debug camera to the side, and had Link go through it. It was kind of interesting. Wish I could find it again. >_>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.