Simple Block Speed Modifications

giadrosich

This was given to me by petrie911 on youtube to help out with my mod, and I thought others might want to use it in their mods.

Block Push Delay

The ROM address 0xF4B12E is a 16-bit integer that holds the block pushing delay, in frames. The default value is 10 (0x000A).

Block Speed
The maximum block pushing speed is found at 0xF4AF8E. It's a 16-bit number that represents the 2 most significant bytes of a float. The default value is 2 (0x4000).

Block Distance (wouldn't change this in case it messes up the block positions in a puzzle)

The block pushing distance works similarly and is found at 0xF4AFD2 and has a default value of 20 (0x41A0).

And as a bonus for those of you who want to throw speedrunners off a bit, have the game check for all six medallions!

Write the following 2 lines at ROM address AE04A0.

8E0200A4 3049003F 392A003F 1540001A
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Nothing too major, but thought it was very useful. There's nothing like making the blocks go faster. The only issue I've seen is that the regular crates like the lon lon crates where Talon sleeps aren't sped up, so they must have a different address. I'm not sure why that would be though.

This was given to me by petrie911 on youtube to help out with my mod, and I thought others might want to use it in their mods.

Block Push Delay

The ROM address 0xF4B12E is a 16-bit integer that holds the block pushing delay, in frames. The default value is 10 (0x000A).

Block Speed

The maximum block pushing speed is found at 0xF4AF8E. It's a 16-bit number that represents the 2 most significant bytes of a float. The default value is 2 (0x4000).

Block Distance (wouldn't change this in case it messes up the block positions in a puzzle)

The block pushing distance works similarly and is found at 0xF4AFD2 and has a default value of 20 (0x41A0).

And as a bonus for those of you who want to throw speedrunners off a bit, have the game check for all six medallions!

Write the following 2 lines at ROM address AE04A0.

8E0200A4 3049003F 392A003F 1540001A

00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Nothing too major, but thought it was very useful. There's nothing like making the blocks go faster. The only issue I've seen is that the regular crates like the lon lon crates where Talon sleeps aren't sped up, so they must have a different address. I'm not sure why that would be though.

I think I might be able to answer that one. The Milk Crates, if memory serves right, are different actors but with seemingly identical properties to push blocks. But what makes them so special? It's very simple and something I should have thought of a Long time ago. They are applicable to Gameplay_field_keep rather than Gameplay_dangeon_keep and would solve that odd problem of completely black blocks in places that don't support the block textures for any reason.

For mods that don't use that insignificant puzzle in both Lon Lon Ranch shed and Hyrule Castle, I would suggest they retexture the block to... something else (maybe just get rid of the pictures on it) and you have yourself a completely applicable Gameplay_field_keep push block which doesn't look out of place.

That is awesome. And this applies to all standard blocks in all locations?

Seems to, I've only tested Dodongo's Cavern push blocks and Forest Temple blocks. It's just the wooden crates that don't seem to be affected by it. Which is okay, as you don't run across many of those anyway. Just the Talon scene and getting the heart piece in Lon Lon Ranch from what I remember.

Action packed block pushing with the delay and speed altered:

Side note: I've found in SayakaGL that to get the Forest Temple blocks completely flush with each other, the spacing should be 120 between them.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.