Deku Scrub Sliding Attack, Doable?

Red Dingo

Question

So it was something that occurred to me while watch a video showcasing hacked actors on Zelda OoT. Is there any way to give Deku Scrubs the ability to do the same attack that Link can do as a Deku Scrub in Majora's Mask? By this I mean making Mad Scrubs capable of knocking Link down after they've been uprooted.

I've thought out about it with my very technically inexperience. I wonder if it could be done by programing the twirling kick animation Scrubs do when they're stunned to have both forward momentum and collision. Like I said however, I have no idea about the feasibility of my ideas when it comes to modding OoT and MM, so I'm putting the idea forward for the good modders on this boards to judge. So, can it be done?

2 answers to this question

The existence of an actor in Majora's Mask that does that is proof that such an actor is very possible. Although getting an actor from Majora's Mask into Ocarina of Time is very... difficult, from what I have heard from a few of my more versed friends (i.e. not me at all), but from what I know, I can tell you that a deku scrub that harms Link after uproot is very possible. Now, I don't know about the feasibility of the means you've thought about taking, I just know that it is possible. I mean, if it is possible to change a mask transformation in Majora's Mask (it is), then it is very possible for a deku scrub to hurt you.

A good bit of things are possible, just some things take a lot more fooling around than others.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.