Forest Temple door leads to Deku Tree?

giadrosich

Question

Oooookaaay.

My game became drugs.

So, after finally getting how switches work, and all that wonderfulness that Jason posted about in the flag topic...the game decides to throw me another curve ball.

This had to be filmed to believe, seriously.

(link in case embeded doesn't work for you)

If you don't want to watch the video, here's what I did.

I'm adding an eye switch and transparent platforms that appear when you hit the switch. I'm just trying to get everything to work at the moment, so I was entering the correct variables and objects that should be in the room.

I'm using 3802 for the transparent platforms and 3812 for the eye switch. I'm not sure if it works yet, because the game won't let me.

I've changed two objects in the room. I've changed 005D (bubble) to 0179 (ice block). I've also changed another object to 0003 (dungeon group). For some reason, when adding this, and I save to RAM, exit then enter the room to test the items, it puts me into the Deku Tree.

The only programs I've used is SayakaGL for this room and ZAP2 to edit the objects, which I haven't saved anything while messing with that program. Just saved to RAM.

Messing around with it I've discovered that adding the 0003 is what causes the issue to happen. I've been told that 0003 is always added in the dungeon and I don't have to add it, because it's always loaded. But, my question is how does this warp happen when just editing objects?

Just adding the 0179 doesn't make it happen, just 0003. The solution is not to add 0003. I just want to know why it does this weirdness when I DO add it.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

My guess is its ZAP2 related glitch? Also why do you need to add object 0003 when you are already in a dungeon that should have it? O-o

It was my mistake, I had misread Jason's posting about switches in another topic, and I thought I had to add it in. XD

That's bizarre! Considering there's no loading zone or anything to that accord with that. I don't believe it's a glitch but may have something to do with the 0003 group itself. Since the Deku Tree is map 00 (I  think?) then it's almost no surprise that a default warp would take you there.

You may have just discovered an actor that can spawn exits... But that's just what I'm hopelessly hopeful for >.> Besides that, it may have happened because you tried to load object 0x0003 from somewhere else besides the 0x07 scene header command. Just saying, it's already loaded for the Forest Temple.

You may have just discovered an actor that can spawn exits... But that's just what I'm hopelessly hopeful for >.> Besides that, it may have happened because you tried to load object 0x0003 from somewhere else besides the 0x07 scene header command. Just saying, it's already loaded for the Forest Temple.

It's really weird, I tried to do this in a couple other dungeons, but it only seems to work for Forest Temple. And only that room.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.