Can someone please suggest some good GameCube games?

Conker

Luigis mansion

Metal gear solid: Twin snakes

Resident evil 4

Viewtiful Joe

Killer 7

Wind Waker (lol)

There was a couple decent bond games as well, but I forget what hey were called. One had Sean Connery.

Smash Bros Melee

Paper Mario The thousand year door

Soul Calibur II

Twilight Princess (double lols)

• Like 1

Guest sakura

The GameCube has so many amazing games. I know there are going to be games you already know about or have here, but just in case people come here looking for recommendations here's a big list of really great games;

• Animal Crossing
  • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
  • Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (Maybe Baten Kaitos: Origins too, haven't played it)
  • Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • Kirby Air Ride
  • The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Lost Kingdoms II (and maybe the first one, haven't played it)
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash
  • Mario Party 4 - 7 (7's probably the best)
  • Metriod Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  • Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door
  • Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II
  • PIkmin
  • Pikmin 2
  • Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
  • Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
  • Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
  • Resident Evil Zero
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Skies of Arcadia Legends
  • Sonic Adventure DX
  • Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
  • Sonic Mega Collection
  • Soul Calibur II
  • Star Fox Adventures
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Viewtiful Joe

I'm sure there are a lot of other great games out there, but these are the ones I could personally recommend.

• Like 4

Star wars Rogue Leader is one of my favorites. It's full of details and sequences from the movies (episodes IV, V, VI), you really feel into it. Like Goldeneye 64 made me want to watch James Bond movies, this game makes me want to watch Star Wars again.

It is kind of short but I personally replayed the missions a lot to get medals and bonus missions.

@giadrosich: I did not even know there was a sequel to it, is it good ? (Rebel Strike)

• Like 1

Star wars Rogue Leader is one of my favorites. It's full of details and sequences from the movies (episodes IV, V, VI), you really feel into it. Like Goldeneye 64 made me want to watch James Bond movies, this game makes me want to watch Star Wars again.

It is kind of short but I personally replayed the missions a lot to get medals and bonus missions.

@giadrosich: I did not even know there was a sequel to it, is it good ? (Rebel Strike)

It is, it was one of my first gamecube games. It and Melee. I like the N64 one better, but it has some nice improvements in it.

don't forget the super monkey ball, the best ones were on the gamecube :)

Which Monkey Ball would you suggest? I never know which one to get.

alien homind is some good arcade action

007: Nightfire is a really good for a non serious (not hardcore realism like modern warfare) multiplayer fps

Those are the two I can think of that haven't been said yet

007: Nightfire! Thats the game I was thinking of!

• Like 1

Lol, who deleted my post on Star Fox Adventures being a terrible game

I did, because the topic starter requested that his topic on games he should play not be derailed into a "this sucks" topic. If you want to rant and rave about how much the game sucks in your own topic, go right ahead, but that sort of behavior is not welcome in this topic.

Contrast "Can someone please suggest some good gamecube games" with "why Star Fox Adventures blows." I hope you can see how such things would be offtopic, and thus, out of place here.

• Like 2

I know Sakura mentioned Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, but honestly I would have to recommend avoiding the GameCube version of that game because its sequel isn't available for that console, for some reason they only did PS2 and Xbox releases. If you prefer to have a continuous series on a single console, then you might want to look for a different version of the game. I bring this up because BG:DA2 is an even more fantastic game than its predecessor, and although not a GameCube title, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. Just saying.

• Like 1

That is the most idiotic... 

No I cannot see how I'm off topic, because this thread is ultimately about what we think are decent games for the system, which requires us to have opinions on what sucks to contrast what we think of is good. Without that, this thread will devolve into the list of every GameCube Game ever.

Blinx if you thought a game wasn't worth playing, you wouldn't sit there and let someone invest money into it would you (unless you're heartless perhaps)? That's all I was getting at. I had no intention of bringing it much further, if at all.

But no, instead of talking it out so that I at least understand your side, you get a moderator to deal with it for you. And that's not cool.

@Mello, moderating tip. You should never delete a comment without giving some explanation as to why it has been removed (except if the user was a bot), and should only delete comments for serious offenses like excessive spam, hate, etc. That way the commenter can at least understand your intentions.

If someone hadn't liked the comment you removed, I would have thought I didn't send it, and would have reposted it.

Edit:

Spider Man 2

I give up. Also, I love how you totally assume moderation works the same here as it does on another website; telling a moderator how to do his job. Mind you, he's doing it perfectly, and you have no right to tell him how to do it.

Listen, mzx, I asked for a list of good games. Not long-winded explanations on why a particular game sucks; did I ask for that? Not really, no, I just asked for recommendations, which are as simple as listing names.

Anyways, thanks for the recommendation.

Also, thanks for derailing my topic into what is probably going to be an irreversible debate. Thanks.

• Like 1

Guest sakura

That is the most idiotic... 

No I cannot see how I'm off topic, because this thread is ultimately about what we think are decent games for the system, which requires us to have opinions on what sucks to contrast what we think of is good. Without that, this thread will devolve into the list of every GameCube Game ever.

Blinx if you thought a game wasn't worth playing, you wouldn't sit there and let someone invest money into it would you (unless you're heartless perhaps)? That's all I was getting at. I had no intention of bringing it much further, if at all.

But no, instead of talking it out so that I at least understand your side, you get a moderator to deal with it for you. And that's not cool.

@Mello, moderating tip. You should never delete a comment without giving some explanation as to why it has been removed (except if the user was a bot), and should only delete comments for serious offenses like excessive spam, hate, etc. That way the commenter can at least understand your intentions.

If someone hadn't liked the comment you removed, I would have thought I didn't send it, and would have reposted it.

Edit:

Spider Man 2

Just thought I'd state officially that Mellow is doing his job just fine, and that it is derailing the topic because people aren't going to recommend bad games. Star Fox Adventures got posted here because people enjoyed it, so posting that it sucks isn't productive. It's fairly rude to give "moderating tips" to someone who's doing their job as well.

To bring this back on topic, I had no idea Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance had a sequel on another platform. It's a shame that it was never ported to the Gamecube. I can't think of any more games to recommend at the moment, but if you don't have one I would recommend the Gameboy Player add-on. It's really nice to play GB / GBC / GBA games on a TV.

• Like 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.