Can someone please suggest some good GameCube games?

Conker

I know Sakura mentioned Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, but honestly I would have to recommend avoiding the GameCube version of that game because its sequel isn't available for that console, for some reason they only did PS2 and Xbox releases. If you prefer to have a continuous series on a single console, then you might want to look for a different version of the game. I bring this up because BG:DA2 is an even more fantastic game than its predecessor, and although not a GameCube title, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. Just saying.

Yeah, for collection purposes I'd get it for all three consoles, then the sequels. Thanks. :D

I can't think of any more games to recommend at the moment, but if you don't have one I would recommend the Gameboy Player add-on. It's really nice to play GB / GBC / GBA games on a TV.

That's definitely something I'd get later down the line, thanks. :D

I'm sorry about my tangent with SFA, I didn't mean to derail the topic.

I also back up Tales of Symphonia, that has a great story and battle system. Much better than the classic "press A a thousand times" JRPG. That sort of game doesn't fit well on the GC.

If you want a non-standard shooter, Metroid Prime. That game is also fun to glitch.

• Like 3

Completely fine. You were mature enough to both apologize, and also not derail the thread a second time. So yeah, you're fine.Also, Blinx, another good game is Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. Really great game, in my humble opinion.
  • Like 1

Metroid Prime has been mentioned before - multiple times in fact - but I'd like to mention it once more. It's probably my favorite Cube game, and I go back to it every two or so years, starting a new game and playing through it again. I don't always get to the end, but just visiting that world again is great in itself.

• Like 1

I also back up Tales of Symphonia, that has a great story and battle system. Much better than the classic "press A a thousand times" JRPG. That sort of game doesn't fit well on the GC.

If you want a non-standard shooter, Metroid Prime. That game is also fun to glitch.

It's okay. :)

Like Mellow said, you were mature about it. Anyways, yeah, played Tales of Symphonia many years ago; was a great game, will have to pick it up eventually. As well as Metroid Prime 2, since I already have the first. Thanks! :D

Completely fine. You were mature enough to both apologize, and also not derail the thread a second time. So yeah, you're fine.

Also, Blinx, another good game is Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. Really great game, in my humble opinion.

Gotta love me some Crash. :3 Totally getting one day, thanks. 

Metroid Prime has been mentioned before - multiple times in fact - but I'd like to mention it once more. It's probably my favorite Cube game, and I go back to it every two or so years, starting a new game and playing through it again. I don't always get to the end, but just visiting that world again is great in itself.

Totally getting the second, as I already have the first. But yeah, the Prime games have beautiful worlds with such amazing backstories/log entries/whatever. :D
  • Like 2

I also really love Pokemon Colosseum. It's not the most critically acclaimed pokemon games out there, but personally, I loved it. I thought it was an incredible game, and I don't see why it got so little praise. 

I'd say it's because it's the only Pokemon game (besides its sequel, of course) that dared to be different and break the norm of "get badges, beat Elite Four, foil giant evil organization's plans, etc." I personally found its story to be much more appealing, as it felt like an actual story rather than the same disgustingly stale rehashed story that's been told over eight times now for a decade and a half. So, that said, I definitely second Colosseum.

• Like 2

Just thought I'd state officially that Mellow is doing his job just fine, and that it is derailing the topic because people aren't going to recommend bad games.

That's an incredibly insulting stance to take.You're essentially arguing that your recommendation Star Fox Adventures is right, and I'm wrong and therefore my comment should be shoved off into oblivion. Or in other words, I think you're recommending a bad game and you can't respect that opinion. It may not be how you really feel, but that's how it reads to me.Because excuse me for thinking we could discuss our choices with each other and have conversation and disagree.

It's fairly rude to give "moderating tips" to someone who's doing their job as well.

Do you not think it's rude to delete someone's opinions and pretend like nothing ever happened? Can you not see the benefits of communicating to the people who you think are doing something wrong?

If you want to keep going on about how terrible we are, mzx, you can take it to us personally, but this topic is about what games Branden should play. You offended him with you blatant, nonconstructive "lol Star Fox Adventures suck," and the problem was dealt with.

My entire point, stop derailing this topic, we are getting sick of it. Take it to personal messages, because this isn't the place.

Also, you are violating more than one of the terms of service, just a heads up.

• Like 1

mzx:

I asked for people's recommendations of games I should play, not stay away from, games that are bad, or anything like that(I will decide for myself with the recommendations given if the games meet such criteria, since this topic is suggestions for me, after all. and by the way, I love Star Fox: Adventures, it was major, major part of my childhood).

It's simply all I asked for, and anything else(like this spectacle) is just useless clutter in this topic. THANKS AGAIN, BY THE WAY.

That's an incredibly insulting stance to take.You're essentially arguing that your recommendation Star Fox Adventures is right, and I'm wrong and therefore my comment should be shoved off into oblivion. Or in other words, I think you're recommending a bad game and you can't respect that opinion. It may not be how you really feel, but that's how it reads to me.Because excuse me for thinking we could discuss our choices with each other and have conversation and disagree.Do you not think it's rude to delete someone's opinions and pretend like nothing ever happened? Can you not see the benefits of communicating to the people who you think are doing something wrong?

First off, this thread is about gamecube games to try, not which ones are bad or to give bad reps about such games. While you may not like a game, others may like it and it all depends on the person. My staff has done his job just as Sakura has stated as well. Furthermore if you would of took the time to read a bit better you would of seen that Mellow posted: 

I did, because the topic starter requested that his topic on games he should play not be derailed into a "this sucks" topic. If you want to rant and rave about how much the game sucks in your own topic, go right ahead, but that sort of behavior is not welcome in this topic.

Contrast "Can someone please suggest some good gamecube games" with "why Star Fox Adventures blows." I hope you can see how such things would be offtopic, and thus, out of place here.

The topic creator requested that the topic doesn't get derailed and that is something we at the GCN do respect, second he even stated if you wanted to bring this over to your own thread and discuss it, it would of been no problem. Perhaps you don't see that derailing the topic can have the domino effect about which games are good/bad leading into unnecessary arguments and frustrations when a topic is just asking for game suggestions. Furthermore, it states in our ToS that you agreed to when you made an account that we reserve the right to delete offtopic posts.

Please try and remain on topic. It's common courtesy. Posts that stray off topic may be deleted, and users who refuse to respect thread authors by remaining on topic may be put on post moderation.

So when it comes down to it, don't -EVER- try to moderate how the staff on the GCN should preform their job and stating their not doing their job right. That is my job and I will handle a situation if they have acted out of line in which my staff has done their job properly in this situation. If you want to have your own website and moderate your staff/how people post then be my guest but as long as you remain on the GCN you will abide by our rules and ToS. 

Lastly, this derailing stops here and now, if you want to continue this in PMs feel free but it stops in this thread or I'm going to start deleting posts and handing out Temporary bans til people can cool down.
  • Like 5

I don't remember much about the GameCube, but I DO remember Super Mario Sunshine. I know you said youre sick of Mario in the past, but this is bar-none one of my favorite games of all time. It does a great job portraying a vacationy feel during the entire game. It's controversially known as the black sheep of the Mario Franchise, which I don't understand in the slightest... I assume because it has voice acting and has the occasional hick-up in game design. But I recommend it to anyone.

• Like 2

I don't remember much about the GameCube, but I DO remember Super Mario Sunshine. I know you said youre sick of Mario in the past, but this is bar-none one of my favorite games of all time. It does a great job portraying a vacationy feel during the entire game. It's controversially known as the black sheep of the Mario Franchise, which I don't understand in the slightest... I assume because it has voice acting and has the occasional hick-up in game design. But I recommend it to anyone.

I definitely have had great times with that as a kid, way before I got sick of Mario. I should definitely score another copy sometime in the future, at least for collection purposes; maybe to play, too, when I'm not so burnt out on Mario anymore. Thanks! :D

• 2 months later...

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee2.  Soul Calibur II3.  The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker4.  The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess5.  The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures6.  Sonic Riders

7.  Sonic Heroes8.  Sonic Adventure 2: Battle9.  Sonic Adventure DX10. Kirby Air Ride11. Pokemon Box: Ruby & Sapphire (if you can find it)12. Pokemon Colosseum13. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean14. Tales of Symphonia

15. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

16. F-Zero GX

17. 1080° Avalanche18. Animal Crossing19. Baten Kaitos Origins20. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg21. Bomberman Generation22. Bomberman Jetters

23. Star Fox Assault

24. Chibi-Robo!25. Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix

26. Sonic Mega Collection

27. Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers28. Evolution Worlds29. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

30. Megaman X: Command Mission

31. Ikaruga32. The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition33. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures34. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest35. Mario Power Tennis36. Mega Man Network Transmission37. Naruto: Clash of Ninja 238. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door39. Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus40. Skies of Arcadia Legends41. Sonic Gems Collection42. SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom43. The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Game44. Star Fox Adventures45. Super Mario Sunshine46. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell47. Ultimate Spider-Man48. Viewtiful Joe49. Viewtiful Joe 250. Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble51. Virtua Quest52. Wario World53. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$

54. Phantasy Star Online Episode III: Card Revolution

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.