Weird graphical problems

giadrosich

Question

One of my testers got back to me with a weird graphical problem and said this is what he did:

Was going to finish up the Spirit temple but things got awkward when I went to Gerudo valley/fortress. *spoiler edit* warped to spirit temple, got the silver gaunts. then became an adult. walked over to gerudo valley so I could check the room that needed silver gaunts to access in training when....this happened....

I can't really explain what happened to the graphics. Rebooted the emulator many times, tried several different video plugins including rice video plugin 6.1.1 beta 10 and Jabo's direct3D6 1.5.2.

Odd part is it emulated and looked fine earlier, and most other places seem to emulate fine. I'm going to see if I have any old savestate where it emulates fine.

Even stranger is once I completed the Spirit temple it reverted to normal...

Anyone have any idea what might cause this? And then it go back to normal?

Not really, because it rains during the ganondorf cutscene. But When you enter Kakariko village it does a check for (and I'm not sure, so I'm putting both things) Either the water medallion, or a flag activated after the nocturne of shadow cutscene. I believe it's the flag though. If you leave the village too quickly, it carries the flag over to Hyrule Field, and then everywhere else in the game, because there's nothing to tell it to turn it off. So you might see if (And again, I have no idea how to do this) you can check for a certain flag that is only reset after you finish Spirit Temple. 

EDIT: Unless you SET a flag to make it rain. Then yes, that could be it. 

I've changed the rain to clouds to see if that helped, however, it still causes graphical problems.

But, my tester ran from gerudo valley to kakariko village, went back outside to Hyrule field and the sky was normal, when re-entering valley, the game did not glitch up, so apparently it has to do with any sort of weather variable I put down, whether or not (lolpun) it's rain or cloud.

At this point I'm going to have to remove the weather effects entirely, which I don't want to do. It really spoils the mood I'm going for in Hyrule Field, but I'd rather have the game playable.

I'll get some more tests done on it to see exactly when it starts to glitch up.

perhaps experiment with where you place the weather actors. Sounds silly but it may be helpful.

I've learned this game can be really stupid with things, so anything is worth a try. I've went ahead and removed the weather actors that I added and just left the ones the game has already to see if that actually does anything. If it still doesn't fix the graphical problem...then I'm not sure what could be causing it other than some sort of flag in the temple that you hit.

More weird graphical problems. >_>

" No idea what this is about yet, got the gold gaunts. Effects death mountain trail, the forest, death mountain trail. I think basically anything connected to hyrule field. It goes both ways also. If you reset the game and teleport to say the graveyard, then walk to the field, all of the fields weather is gone."

I don't know what to do, guys, can anyone give me some sort of help with this?

Sorry, I actually forgot to add the picture of what he was talking about.

http://puu.sh/2DojP.jpg

That's when he grabbed the golden gauntlets.

I've taken out the weather completely until I can figure out what's going on in the game. He hasn't gotten back to me yet to see if that helped with the issues of Gerudo Valley. Hopefully he'll report today what's going on with it.

Edit: I apologize in advance if I'm sounding rude, I'm just kind of freaking out with the release date so close.

I'm not at that point in the game, I'm doing some major testing in Water Temple right now, and he's farther along testing Spirit/Training. I don't have any weather problems in my game, but they show up apparently at spirit temple. And I can't test it on first file because flags are screwed up on that file.

I've done everything I know what to do, I even went into ZAP2, removed ALL the weather, and this is still what the game looks like:

weirdcrap_zpsd3322c5a.png

Why are there still clouds in the sky, even after removing all the weather? The graphical problems also seem to vary, sometimes I get weird blue fog, sometimes I get weird see-through graphics with missing landscape. I don't get it.

*sigh* I don't know what else to try, is anyone willing to take a look at the rom itself?

The only thing that's patched onto it that has ASM is something Sakura put together--Megaton Hammer hurts young Link when he swings it. No gameshark codes. Apart from changing the medallion check, there isn't anything else that effects the game a lot.

You are going to need to use a clean ROM, add the asm hack and test to see if it causes the issue. Then clean ROM and test the medallion check. Then test them both together. If neither of those causes the issue, perhaps your "clean" ROM you used wasn't so clean?

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.

It's an emulator issue. >____________>

However, there is a workaround. If you go into an area and get dense fog, keep going forward and hit a map transition. Fixes itself as well as other areas that are effected by it. We don't know why. Welcome to Master Quest.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.