Someone save me some time with DLViewer

haddockd

Question

It is supposed to come with an example script but doesnt. It looks like it loads information from RAM? So am I doing this while emulating? I do not see a command line option for ROM specification...sooo...? Anyone?

Wait...did OZMAV2 replace this or the other way around?

5 answers to this question

DLViewer loads either separate files as RAM segments or a RAM dump (4 or 8 MB, ex. from Nemu) and can execute display lists in those. The commands for everything are explained in the *cough* Readme.

Also, script.txt from DLViewer v0, it is missing from the latter build's archive, yes:

# DLViewer example command script# (technically you don't -really- need the #'s, but it's cleaner that way)# Load file gameplay_keep to segment 0x04loadseg 0x04 gameplay_keep# Load file object_gi_coin to segment 0x06loadseg 0x06 object_gi_coin# Add Display List address to list, here the DList sets a green coloradddlist 0x060005A0# Add Display List address to list, DList renders the coinadddlist 0x060005E0# Add Display List address to list, DList renders coin's "N"adddlist 0x06000768# Set the scaling factor to 0.05setscale 0.05

OOOHHH so you have to extract all the files from the rom using (zre?) but the directions dont say that...my mistake? *cough* lol

Thinking about this, do we even really need a dedicated viewer? I mean we have several actor placement/map editors that you can already use to view maps without extracting anything.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.