Very disorganized OoT Debug ROM

!Tommy

So as I go along with my hack and since things have been moved, I'm having a huge problem with importing dungeons simply because I don't have enough free space in one area to go ahead and do this. Now, I do NOT want to scrap this ROM at any cost since I've done quite a bit to it. So, is there a way I can try cleaning things up and getting enough space in order to start putting more stuff in? I'm planning on implementing new areas as well so it's important that I have enough space to do this. Any help on this will be appreciated!

You've been placing a lot of things in free space, huh? :P

I would recommend just injecting your dungeon over the map area that were planning on replacing. Literally, use the start offset of the scene/map and inject the dungeon there.

You've been placing a lot of things in free space, huh? :PI would recommend just injecting your dungeon over the map area that were planning on replacing. Literally, use the start offset of the scene/map and inject the dungeon there.

I thought about that, and I even tried it but unless I don't go over completely what I should be, when I go to launch the dungeon, it just freezes up so to speak. I can try again though to see what happens.

You can always resize the ROM to create more free space.

I've been playing with that as well, but even as above, I place the dungeon in my newly created free space, it just locks up. No error messages or anything, it just doesn't launch. I'm using LemAsm to do this. Is there something else I should be using?

Pick a spot where you can inject your new file. I chose 035E0000 as an example, just copy and paste it at that position and you can let the rom go bigger without any damages. You can then change the offsets of the old file you changed to the new location at 035E0000 to XXXXXXXX (however big your file would be).

You should see a lot of FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF lines where you can just inject it.

Well, I'm porting over MM stuff to OoT and so it's already premade but I think my biggest issue right now is my audiobank and audioseq files that have been moved over there so I do have some free space, but not enough to really port over something big. D:

air: he ran out of free space there apparently? i suggest looking at your maps and trying to be efficient in the use of triangles and such,it will cut out alot of data

You inject it, not replace the FFFFFF'sm you insert it not overwrite the F's.

Oh I see, then yeah, use any old data that you're not using and overwrite that.

Well, as I pointed out before but forgot to mention...I'm using spinout's mmporter script and so I'm injecting MM scenes over to OoT and even when I plan on sacrificing a Temple like the well, I overwrite that data, but when I go to launch the new scene, it just freezes. It shows the japanese text and then it doesn't go any further.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.