Ocarina of Time: Dungeon Rush

mzxrules

Wow. Looks like you're right. I swear as a kid I read about game-breaking "moving a block the wrong way" and that this was fixed in v1.1 and 1.2 but it seems that those were just false rumors, eh? What an oddity. The Water Temple is a very confusing place so I can see why people would think that they could get stuck.

Oh by the way, did I miss the Lens of Truth? Parts of the Shadow Temple seem absolutely left up to luck without it. Or is it in the Shadow Temple and I just happened to miss it?

I looked for that chest! I saw there was an invisible treasure chest in the room but the way the compass has it positioned it almost looks like it was behind the wall, after stumbling around for a couple of minutes I couldn't find it and thought that maybe you got rid of the 200 Rupee invisible chest by putting it behind the wall. Ah well, I guess there's no harm in hacking it in since I've done everything else legitimately.If I may make a suggestion... that is quite the location, but the Shadow Temple becomes a lot less monotonous with the Lens of Truth. I made it up to the room where you have to find the hidden Longshot locations to reach Silver Rupees, I think if I got past there I wouldn't need the Lens of Truth per se, but eh... looking for those Longshot locations are a hassle.But perhaps the location could be changed to be in the 5 Rupee Chest in the Golden Skulltula, Like-Like caged off "room" through the fake floor rooms? I think it would keep the spirit (using foreknowledge of sorts) and add a bit of challenge to it (I was a tad upset when I came across the chest that I fell in a hole at least four or five times and it held only 5 Rupees! Haha!)

EDIT: Oh! The Gerudo Training Grounds! I was wondering if they were going to show up. Nice approach with them.

Edited by Three_Pendants

And that's the game! I really enjoyed this project, it's also quite inspiring to see how well the original creators utilized their resources for the most part which is refreshing for any modder. Sometimes we just get so far into our own mods that we forget the basic layout and at times simplistic, but oh so atmospheric feel of Ocarina of Time's beautiful dungeons. A project like this helped me appreciate the dungeons more so than any time before. Thank you MZXRules, a wonderful project, great effort, and challenging at the end. I'd never fought Ganondorf with anything less than 14 Hearts and double defense and I was surprised to lose to him at least three or four times and due to some stupid mistakes during the Ganon fight it mostly consisted of fighting him with only 3 Hearts left. Deku Nuts have never been so useful!

Great mod, and I hope it is built upon in time by others or yourself to include custom, if not rearranged, dungeons. This is a wonderful base for anyone to build upon that wants to make OoT into a dungeon crawler.

Ice Cavern has been moved before Forest Temple
The normal entrance to Tower Climb has been changed to take you to Twinrova's Room, to prevent becoming unable to warp.
Prelude can now be obtained instead of Light Medallion. It serves as a way to warp back to Tower Climb.
A dialog Pop-up was removed.

The patcher program now switches the language byte to E so that you can experience quick text if you use a J rom as a base

Interesting changes. Have you put any thought into incorporating the Skulltula House at all? After all a large part of the normal game is to look for Skulltulas in dungeons and there are rooms dedicated to just the Golden Skulltulas. It would make a neat incentive to find them if the rewards are adequate, maybe the Biggoron's Sword, another Bottle, Heart Container, ammo upgrades, whatever you think might work best that a player would benefit from.

• Like 2

Not really. It was one of the last things I added into the game, and at that point there isn't anything really worth getting at that point either. Bottle/Heart Pieces aren't useful if you know what you're doing, and Biggoron's Sword is not incredibly useful since Ganon/dorf is weak to the Master Sword.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.