Question for all the Sketchup map makers out there

haddockd

Question

So I am creating a custom map in Sketchup and I am wondering what the best way to do something would be. Here is the situation:

Link is perched up high on a shear surface and can fall off. However, do I need a special type of collision that says that he fell to far, or does the game just know that if there is nothing down there, Link dies?

Thoughts are welcome :)

12 answers to this question

Actually, there is a specific type of collision you need to place below any gaps you have but I don't know what it is. Check an area like the Shadow Temple's room with the boat. If you just leave a hole in your map, Link will be falling for a long time before he dies and respawns (like moving him out of bounds and just letting him fall).

Actually, there is a specific type of collision you need to place below any gaps you have but I don't know what it is. Check an area like the Shadow Temple's room with the boat. If you just leave a hole in your map, Link will be falling for a long time before he dies and respawns (like moving him out of bounds and just letting him fall).

From my notes, that type is 012

for easy reference: When importing the map in Sharp Ocarina, at the desired collision set, select "Killing Quicksand" and change the Raw Data "18" to "12."

• Like 1

I have some small notes on this as the zone out around the exterior portion of Tower Collapse was discussed some time ago in #zelda as there was a trick discovered which allowed you to reach the lowest platform.

Bascially, under normal circumstances if you jump out over no collision polygons, you will zone out once Link's Y coordinate passes -4000.

If you jump over a collision polygon that has this quick zoneout attribute, it will take the last Y value from when you were standing on solid ground, and test if you've dropped below -400 units. If you take damage mid-air, the Y value will be updated to the coordinate at which you were at when you were hit.

I don't use sketchup, but I do know that Link just dies when he falls past a certain point... leave an opening where he can fall into, and it will work.

WRONG!!!!  You're creating a map prone to errors.  You fail OOT map making 101!

From my notes, that type is 012

for easy reference: When importing the map in Sharp Ocarina, at the desired collision set, select "Killing Quicksand" and change the Raw Data "18" to "12."

Correct! A+  Thanks for posting the correcting value, you really helped me out too.  :D

Oh, excuse me JSA, I haven't made maps myself, so pardon me if I failed. I didn't take a class.  :P

Um, uh, um....I didn't mean to....I was just, you know....I didn't mean it to ....

Sorry if I came off as rude.  I meant it as funny.  I don't take any of this too seriously, so I don't expect anything I say here to be taken too seriously either.   :unsure:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.