The Deity Bids Farewell

SoulofDeity

As some of my closer friends already know, I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for both modding and programming, to the point I have to grit my teeth and bear with it to do either. Over the last couple of months, I've been distancing myself little-by-little from the community, and last week after getting into a petty argument in a group call, I stated that none of them shared my same passions and that maybe I needed to take a break. Then it dawned on me that I've always been a programmer preaching to modders :/

So, I spent the last week isolated in deep thought about this, about what made me aspire to become a programmer, and about what I should do. I became a programmer because I had a dream that one day I'd be able create a gaming company of my own, and that while modding has been a great learning experience, it has never satisfied someone like me who preferably molds things from dust and water with their hands rather than packaged plaster and cast molds. Before I became a part of this community, I had always been socially introvert, and the conclusion that I came to is that my social life and hobbies have stomped on my dream.

It's been fun, but I've decided to hang up my coat and move on.  ^_^

Happy Modding,

SoulofDeity

• Like 2

Shame to see such a talented programmer take their leave, but I definitely understand where you're coming from, and, as Spire said, I hope you find your happy medium, applying your programming skills in a way that really fulfills you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.