Custom Map Thread

Jason777

A couple of years ago, I used to be really into making and designing custom maps. I still have quite a few maps on my hand that I think it would be cool to show off and possibly give download links for if there is any demand.

Other people should post pictures, videos, downloads of their custom maps, too! I encourage it!

Remember that a lot of these are from when I barely started getting into modding and 3D modelling so most of them might not be so great :P Alright, let's get this started... I'll begin with my finished creations.

I helped alphaheiti fix up this map 2 and a half years ago so that he would actually be able to import it:

Posted Image

I made the untextured structure of an Ice Temple for a beta restoration project 2 and a half years ago:

Posted Image

This here is my baby... this map was the main area of a small mini-mod I was making 3 years ago when I first got into modding. Unfortunately, I never finished the mod. I got -really- damn close to finishing it but I just never got around to it. I would consider it about 90% done:

Posted Image

This is part of the above mod. It was meant to be a secret area where you got a incredibly overpowered weapon to just f*ck sh*t up:

Posted Image

I can't really remember what I was going to use this map for... All I remember is that it served as a type of entrance map to where you could go into 5 different areas (forest, dungeon, mountains, canyon or river valley, and desert). This map is incredibly old:

Posted Image

And now we're starting to get to more recent maps that I've made... Here is a map that I made for Zelda's Birthday II. I have no idea if it is still being used:

Posted Image

Now we have come to my unfinished area... Some of these I still plan to finish up.

This one is really recent and is basically an abandoned church dungeon:

Posted Image

I was inspired after playing some Sonic and Knuckles and started to try and build an Angel Island-esque dungeon. It's been around a year and half since I've touched this so I'm not sure if I'll continue:

Posted Image

If any of you guys remember Project Majesty, I had donated this map to that effort. This is one of the maps that I would like to get around to finishing:

Posted Image

• Like 7

Ahh, the Temple of Light and the dream bridge, both fantastic maps, Jason. Might as well toss in some of mine:

Probably the map I'm most proud of that I've uploaded video footage of, this was intended to be a full 3D remake of the existing Market map.

RQrUv.png

winqJ.png

The Palace of Earth done for the URA Project, probably the largest map I've ever made.

8Llah.png

Something I may or may not release in the future. Mind, this is a very small part of the intended final product.

• Like 3

Here's a list of stuff, in no particular order. Lots of images, yay.

comparisson.png

An old field map I started making WAY back when cooliscool was working on an importer as part of UoT. I never finished this.

ingame.png

First success with spinout's importer.

treetest.png

Old geo test for a tree I was working on for URA back when it was changing from a restoration project to an original project.

light_temple_wip.png

Another geo test for a light temple map this time. I've considered revisiting this design.

west_village_redux.png

Early redesign attempt of part of the map seen in the spinout importer test.

wip_village_2.png

Second revision of the above map.

test_dungeon.png

Render of the test dungeon I made for SharpOcarina.

watertemple.png

Water temple map render. First two rooms only.

gfxglitch.png

Test import of the first image's map. Demonstrating an error with either texture conversion or the geometrymode.

bug2.png

Yet another bugfix image, this time a zfighting issue. I late corrected this by separating the geometry that formed the top of the ledge from the side and the draw order issues ceased.

bug3.png

Last bugfix image, same issue as the first (more or less).

ss1.png

Water dungeon. Boss door room.

ss2.png

Behind the boss door, the antechamber to the boss chamber.

windmill_new_1.png

Windmill edit project. Screenshot 1.

windmill_new_2.png

Windmill edit project. Screenshot 2.

windmill_new_3.png

Windmill edit project. Screenshot 3.

windmill_new_4.png

Windmill edit project. Screenshot 4.

windmill_new_5.png

Windmill edit project. Screenshot 5. I might go back and finish this properly some day.

success.png

More screens of the initial design of West Village.

success2.png

success3.png

• Like 6

Yay, more stuff.

market_early_render.png

Designs for the market from the same project.

bed_of_the_sun_2.png

Part of the initial design for a desert dungeon. It's pretty bad.

sun_temple_ingame_1.png

Second and current version. Obviously not finished.

unicorn_fountain_complete.png

Unicorn fountain. Never got used.

swamp_palace_preview.png

Swamp palace, version 3. Hallways design concept.

swamp_r3.png

Swamp palace, version 3. Doorway concept.

dekubomber_beta_r2.png

Deku Bomber concept. Never finished this one, might still use it.

gold_torch_textured.png

Replacement golden torch.

m64_village.png

For lulz, something I did for a Mario project.

• Like 5

Thanks, Secant and Three; I appreciate the compliments!

Your maps always seem to have a dark appearence, Secant... I like it. It's too bad that we didn't get to see the Earth Temple have some actors and puzzled placed; I would imagine that it would've given the team a much-needed moral boost.

That last map looks like something from Hyrule Castle or a continuation of one of your older maps, Citadel Castor :P

Do you have any maps from Shadowing Dawn? I had always been interested in that project but had joined the community too late.

EDIT: Wow, just saw your post, Arcaith. Needless to say, I'm impressed. I recognize some of the maps that belonged to your old Zelda mod, Shattered Realm.

Do you have any maps from Shadowing Dawn? I had always been interested in that project but had joined the community too late.

Yeah, I still have all the ones Nate sent my way for previews, but a good many of them are too impractical to import into the game (either mapped with hi-res textures, too many polygons, or too large in scale). I wasn't responsible for too many of the maps, and most of them are much too old for me to consider posting up here, and of course I don't want to step on Nate's toes by posting his work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.