Issues with Skype

Tell-Tale Heart

I've never had that problem, but I checked out the German Skype community and found something:

"1. First of all end the process with task manager.

2.1. Go to Start and type run. Then type in %appdata%\Skype and click OK. Now try finding the shared.xml and move it somewhere else, like the desktop. If that doesn't work end the process again and check out the next step.

2.2. Find the document with the same name as your Skype account and open it. There should be a config.xml file. Move it somewhere else. If that doesn't work end the process again and check out the next step.

3. Move the Skype account folder somewhere and start Skype (the chat protocols won't be available).

4. If none of that worked, uninstall Skype completely."

Original Post (in German): http://community.skype.com/t5/Skype-f%C3%BCr-Windows/Skype-sendet-keine-Nachrichten/td-p/264360

I've heard that Skype undoes the changes you make to it, so those solutions don't necessarily work. So far, it's only one person in particular I'm having the issue with, and kicking a group chat they're in usually makes the PMs go through. Hopefully they'll fix this before it affects my messages that go to others.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.