Rayman 2 Windows 7 64 bit?

Zurg

Question

I have been trying to get the game Rayman 2: The Great Escape to work on Windows 7 (64 bit) for quite some time now. It won't install. When I press Run Installation on the menu for the CD pop-up...thing, a window never appears and Task Manager says it exists. Yes, I have waited for more than 5 hours for the window to pop-up once. It didn't work after that amount of time.

This game isn't very popular it seems so not very many people can help. Well, most of you are smart, please help. The Rayman 2 wiki says I can't install on x64 systems due to Digital rights management. Any way to bypass this?

3 answers to this question

DRM mostly will conflict in playing the game, not in installing it.

Most of the time, a no-cd cracked exe will work, because it mostly removed nearly all restrictions to the system. I don't support piracy, neither do I support using copyright preotected material in general, but I always suggest in trying a cracked exe if a legally owned game really don't let you play the game.

But offtopic! Your installer won't start, so it's most probably not a DRM problem. Is there a *.msi file? They're often searching for a specific OS and so they don't support X64 sometimes. But it's fixable with orca, the MS *.msi editor.

It could also be, that you just need to run the setup.exe (or how it's supposed to be called) in compatibility mode (right click->properties->compatibility mode->WinXP SP3) or in a virtual machine (will explain later, if nothing works!).

If it's a problem with the architecture of your operating system in terms of it being 32-bit or 64-bit, then your options are pretty limited, if there are any at all. I imagine if a note about installing the game on a 64-bit system is included in the wiki (which is presumably editable by everyone) and no way to get around this block is mentioned, then a method may not exist. The only solution I can immediately think of is installing a dual-boot to your setup to include a 32-bit OS. Linux is a good option if you don't have an installation for Windows XP or some other lightweight OS available (though may suffer compatibility issues, so it's still an iffy situation).

I would do Linux, but every time I attempt at installing Mint or Ubuntu on my box it doesn't work. I get this weird error where I see graphics on the screen from windows, jumbled up like broken glass. And the screen stays like that for hours on end until my computer realizes it's broken and restarts itself.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.