http://www.the-gcn.com/rennaissance.php

Djipi's

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.emutalk.net/threads/31274-Djipi-s-Final-Cel-Zelda-MOD

Community Retexture

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.n64redux.com/content/ocarina-time-community-retexture-project (They haven't updated the screenshots for the recent pack)

(Aww what? I can post screenshots of games but not my drawings? >_<)

Anyways, which texture pack do you guys prefer? I personally enjoy the Community Retexture best, since it sticks close to the original, and it

brings back so many memories, after all, to a 2 year old, Ocarina of Time would've looked exactly like that, plus, it feels more natural and less awkward

than the other textures. Link's eyes in Zeth's pack feel out of place along with some of the textures, and Djipi, well, once you get past the "OMG looks like WIND WAKER" part, you kinda don't really like it anymore, since it could've used a better choice for some of it, like he could've used maybe the grass textures in the islands of Phantom Hourglass but on a higher res.

Posted Image

See? it would've looked better that way, Hyrule Field looks more like a carpet in the texture pack.

In Zeth's pack, well, it's pretty good, but the textures are too muddy and dirty, sure, it's realistic, but the models

in the game aren't so they feel out of place.

To me, the community retexture did it just right, unfortunatly, it isn't as complete as the other texture packs, but that can be fixed by adding just a folder or two from Zeth's.

So which do you guys prefer?

I may be biased, but I prefer Zeth's pack to them all. His textures are a nice change from the original's, while not detracting too much from them. Djipi's mod actually comes second for me, because I've never tired from playing The Wind Waker, and love how awesomely he's brought those textures to OoT. If only he'd finish a few of them, it'd be awesome.

The community one comes a very close third, and while it is asthetically pleasing, its lack of completion leaves much to be desired. Were it complete, I may have been tempted to play the game entirely using those textures.

Just my opinion though. =P

I don't like the communities at all, The only thing I like is the Skies by Mode7 but that's about it, the rest in my personal opinion is too grainy look and some parts really don't flow well at all with the theme of the texture pack, so you get some that are really decent while others are subpar.

I -really- like Djipi's pack, he did an amazing job on it, as for my own, I don't even like my own pack, I need to take a break from URA sometime and actually fix a lot of the textures in my OOT Texture pack.

the best are djipis and zeths.

zeths because his textures are amazing, the have a bit realistic look but not like "real" things so it still look like a game . and djipis because i like the ww style and its pretty much compleat.

the community retexture is shit because its look TO MUCH realistic. its not zelda anymore.... but its more complet than the other two ones. ( i have a few folders from the v5 pack in my hires_texture folder like the sky , hyrule market ect because they arn´t in the other ones)

I honestly cannot compare Djipi's and Zeth's/Communities... They're different styles.

I terms of quality, however, I like Zeth's the best. I know Zeth was aiming for a TPish style pack, and I think its executed quite well. I can see why Zeth thinks the community one looks grainy, and I completely agree with him.

Yeah the characters looked extremely weird(plus I was having a little fun with that) and I didn't like the grass, it looked like weed, but I believe that was really my only complaint about his texture pack.

I noticed that a while ago too. And yeah, I agree that some of these characters looked pretty much as if they were stoned,awake all night long, and when I saw the two Hylian guards, I had the original Power Rangers theme going on in my mind :P

Posted Image

This one is the best. :P

Yeah the characters looked extremely weird(plus I was having a little fun with that) and I didn't like the grass, it looked like weed, but I believe that was really my only complaint about his texture pack.

lol. :P

Edited by Malqua
Either don't quote images, or hide them in spoilers. kthxbai!

I remember Zeth pointing that out a while ago. I was just wondering if he still decided to hate on Djipi...or if he did at all for that matter.

The best part about Djipi's pack is the water and lava, they move in patterns and it's eye candy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.