Dumping textures from Zelda 64 ROM's?

Bromereb

How would I go about dumping textures from Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask (preferably the latter, if it's any different)?

I have searched for quite a while, on these forums as well as many other places, and so far I have found several answers suggesting the use of various tools and emulator video plugins. However most of these tools and plugins don't have a working download (or I'm just not searching hard enough I suppose?), but I figured I'd ask since I'm new to the mapping/modding scene in general and don't really know what I'm doing:

What is the best/most efficient method? If it makes use of a particular tool, where can I find it?

Or I guess if you know of a complete texture dump of both ROM's that would eliminate the need to do it myself, so that works just as well.

Also my apologies if I'm not posting this in the correct place, I double-checked before hand if there was a more appropriate place to pop this question but it seemed fine to put it here? I just don't want to be one of those guys if you catch my drift.

The rice video plugin dumps textures, but doesn't seem to dump them in their raw form.

Cloudmax's Texture Explorer lets you document where textures are within an n64 rom, and has a pretty well filled out profile for Ocarina of Time (Debug). It also has the ability to search for textures, but this is slow as hell.

I think someone might have also ripped all of OoT's textures before, but don't know.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, every time I attempt to download Texture Explorer, the zip can't be opened by Windows, WinRAR gets it open but with a handful of errors and alerts like "unexpected end of archive". Is that supposed to happen?

Also yeah I've looked and looked for a complete dump for either of the games and I've found only a somewhat incomplete dump of OoT with mostly just the images of the 2D cut-out areas.

I suppose I could give the rice video plugin a shot, but still, if there is a better or more proper way of doing it, I'd definitely like to know.

How about ZLE2?

I actually have a copy downloaded already, but does it open Majora's Mask? Whenever I tried it gave me an error, with the standard MM rom as well as the debug ROM (although it's expected from the latter). My focus right now is mainly on Majora's Mask's textures but of course, Ocarina's textures are helpful. Either way, I didn't know it could be used to rip textures! I haven't found it too useful for anything else honestly so if it's able to do that then I have a reason to keep it on my computer.

Where are you downloading texture explorer?

http://cloudmodding.com/n64

The link works perfectly fine for me. if you're not accidentally clicking on the Mac release link, the problem is probably WinRAR.

Well, since I'm 100% certain I'm clicking the correct link, it must be WinRAR. I already have 7Zip downloaded and installed, so I'll give the download another shot and use 7Zip instead.

EDIT:

The copy from that link worked perfectly, without the use of WinRAR or 7Zip. Thanks a bunch.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.