Latest game pick-up thread

xdaniel

Was on eBay just now and did something... hm, stupid? Wasted money? Because I sure as hell won't be able to finish this game? Especially not since you need to play through it twice to reach the true final boss? Oh well...

Posted Image

(image from auction)

Makaimura, aka Ghosts'n Goblins, for Famicom. Damn you, SAGCCX for subbing two GnG episodes of Game Center CX recently! That's all your fault! <.<

EDIT:

Posted Image

Edited by xdaniel
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Please go back to hating Slenderman. You were cooler that way, bro. :(

EDIT:

Here are some of my pickups;

1. (PS3) Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Preorder (came out yesterday, got the day before that, hasn't come in the mail yet)
  2. (PS3) Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
  3. (PS3) Dark Sector
  4. (PS3) Modnation Racers
  5. (PS3) Elder Scrols IV: Oblivion (figured I might as well give the series another chance, and go with the one that isn't a total disaster on the PS3)

Gahaha, my pickups are better than all of YOURS.

Contributing mine:

PS3:

Assassin's Creed 3 (Beat it)

Battlefield 3 Premium Edition

Gran Turismo 5

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY (Never got around to playing this all the way through)

Dishonored

How are you liking Dishonored? Have heard good things about it.

What i recently picked up.

Posted Image

Edited by Colonel Blinx
I merged your posts for you.

Got my first Humble Bundle, the "THQ is being desperate" one, if you want to put it that way. Mainly for Saints Row: The Third, although I'll try out the other games, too... if my system can handle them, which I'm not all that positive about to be honest.

Also: didn't know PayPal can actually collect money from your bank account, as opposed to you having to first transfer some to the PayPal account...

EDIT: The downside of digital distribution... I'm at 52% of Saints Row's download, after one and a half hours. And that's one game out of seven.

Edited by xdaniel
  • Like 1

Got my first Humble Bundle, the "THQ is being desperate" one, if you want to put it that way.

While it is kind of a desperate, it's also a really great business decision for them.

I mean, honestly, if it can help them in any way whatsoever with their financial problems, by all means.

I love their games, and would hate to see them go bankrupt.

• Like 1

Unexpected find at the usual flea market, despite snow and coldness:

Posted Image

Posted Image

European Sega Saturn Model 2, system and Command & Conquer (German version, with androids and stuff...) NOD CD only... but for quite cheap: 8€ :)

EDIT: Have since cleaned it up, so it now also looks the part again~

Edited by xdaniel

• 3 weeks later...

I had a pretty good christimas all family drama considered, I got a sega dream cast with a european controller in box, a north american controller, sonic adventure 2 and centipede

I drove through the crazy ohio snow to spend all my money to get a wii U deluxe set today also

• Like 1

I've got quit a nice haul of games here. Started slowly getting these since Christmas. :)

1. Far Cry 3
  2. RAGE
  3. Resistance 3
  4. Unreal Tournament 3
  5. ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
  6. Dragon's Dogma
  7. Ratchet & Clank HD Collection
  8. Jak & Daxter HD Collection
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  10. Ratchet: Deadlocked
  11. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
  12. Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles
  13. Star Wars: Demolition
  14. Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi

Awesome selection, if you ask me. :)

I've got quit a nice haul of games here. Started slowly getting these since Christmas. :)

• Far Cry 3

• RAGE

• Resistance 3

• Unreal Tournament 3

• ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection

• Dragon's Dogma

• Ratchet & Clank HD Collection

• Jak & Daxter HD Collection

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

• Ratchet: Deadlocked

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

• Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles

• Star Wars: Demolition

• Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi

URA George Lucas fan?? U will get it if u r :D

(That man kinda cheap these dayz...) And he likes donuts... :)

I've got quit a nice haul of games here. Started slowly getting these since Christmas.

• Ratchet: Deadlocked
  • Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi

You said it- Deadlocked was a cool Ratchet game- as for the other, if you know what Teras Kasi is, I'm sure it's cool, too.

My latest game pickup? Altered Beast.... :mellow:

(tl;dr below)

Flea market day has come and gone for me, and I ended up buying nothing. Mind you: buying nothing. We were looking at some random stuff inside a cardboard box, PC joysticks, some Atari stuff, etc. and the guy running the stall just wanted to get rid of the whole box at once. After some consideration, a friend of mine did buy the thing, mainly for the Atari 2600 games - Ms. Pac-Man, Donkey Kong and 6 or so others - while I was interested in a PSX lightgun that was also in the box... which he just gave to me, seeing how the Atari games alone are worth more than what he paid total, and the rest of the stuff in there he'll probably just throw away anyway, like the really dirty joysticks. And as it turns out, the lightgun is actually compatible with the PSX, PS2 and the Saturn - I just mistook that other connector on the plug for an AV port or something, seeing how there's IIRC PSX lightguns that need to be connected to the video signal.

So, tl;dr: got a Logic 3 Predator lightgun, still need to test it tho that works on Saturn; don't have any PSX lightgun games.

Seeing as how there was a recent Steam sale with a preloaded debit gift card that I had conveniently covering the cost, I picked up Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable III. Both are excellent games (barring the odd nearly or actually gamebreaking glitch, save often man), go buy them.

Recently, I have picked up a good load of games, including;

• The Darkness II
  • Dishonored
  • Thief
  • Thief 2
  • Thief: The Deadly Shadows
These are all pretty damn good games, I think. The Darkness really had an amazing story, albeit cut short with a cliffhanger. I plan on picking up the comic books sometime. Dishonored is also really good, but I haven't gotten so far in it yet, but from what I've seen, the story is incredible. The Thief series I have get to play much of, but I definitely recommend the Darkness II and Dishonored to all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.