Latest game pick-up thread

xdaniel

• 2 weeks later...

Came back from the usual 1st Sunday flea market earlier, here's what I've got:

• 2x Sony PlayStation SCPH-1002: both appear to have dying lasers, as neither has successfully ran a game further than the intro; one of the two is also making strange noises - dead drive controller in addition to the laser or something?
  • Pokemon Pikachu Color pedometer: pretty scratched but works fine; display seems kinda weak... maybe that's just the battery, tho
  • Super Robot Spirits (N64, JPN, loose): works fine, but a pretty meh game
  • Aero Fighters Assault (N64, ASIA, loose): "Asian Version" with ID "NUS-NERE-ASM", US ROM inside Japanese-style cartridge, also a bit of a meh game

(Photo on Twitter)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the Humble Bundle with Android 5 a bit earlier, has some interesting games in it. I've only played Beat Hazard for Android so far, but that's already been pretty cool, although I believe I'm going to prefer it on PC with a controller and actual analog sticks :P

I can definitely attest to Beat Hazard Ultra being an excellent game on the PC, having spent quite a bit of time playing it when I bought this bundle last week and running through a sizable portion of my music library to unlock every perk I could.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up Fallout: New Vegas for PC a couple of days ago. But it keeps locking up when I get anywhere near Jacobstown, so I'll be returning that...

Also Gun Bros 2 for my iPhone, and about a week ago I got Nintendogs for 3DS. The latter isn't very interesting though, probably because I'm old now. ;(

Lately I've got:

Zelda collector's edition

Luigi's Mansion

Super Monkey Ball

Also trying to get hold of Twilight Princess for Gamecube but it's damn near impossible to find at a decent price. The guy in the used game shop around here said he won't even stock it because it's too expensive.

I got a copy of Mass Effect 2, all DLC included just now at Big Lots. :D

DeathBasket:

Man, that sucks. :/

Makes me glad TP was one of the games to survive my childhood(I didn't know fuck all about taking care of discs).

Sent from my cell phone, because ancient satellites from across the cosmic web are lame.

Currently uploading a video with two flea market finds, in which I actually - gasp - talk! I'll leave it unlisted for now, tho, hoping for some comments from you guys - if you think it's complete crap, I'll leave it unlisted, if it's alright, I'll let the world see it. Now public, we'll see how it goes :P

(Video will be ready in ~10 minutes or so, I'll remove this note once it's up.)

Edited by xdaniel
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Posted Image

Primordia. Picked this game up on Steam a few days ago, and played through it completely. I fell in love with it. Beautiful adventure game, with incredible characters, mind wracking puzzles, immersive story, and a very realistic outcome. Not your run of the mill game. I highly recommend this game, because it has earned a spot in my list of favorite games.

OFF TOPIC:
Plus, the main character is voiced by Logan Cunningham. In other words, Rucks from Bastion. Kind of an orgasmic voice actor.

Just ran across copies of Disgaea 2, 3, 4, and Afternoon of Darkness for $10 each. Grabbed all of them! That was a great day :D

Also, Aquarhane, if anyone tells you FFXIII isn't worth playing, don't listen to them. It's just different, and you shouldn't discriminate. It was SE trying a new game style, and though it wasn't as good as some other ones, it's NOT a bad game. It does have a real "Batman Begins" feel to it. Just building characters so it can have a story later. But that's fine, since there IS a sequel. And another sequel... lol

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.