The Wii 2

Pinkie Pie

According to multiple reports today, Nintendo will reveal a new console at E3 this coming June.

Game Informer first reported that the console is capable of running games at "HD resolutions." Our sources have said the the console is significantly more powerful than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and that Nintendo's intent is to recapture the hardcore market. Another source said it is capable of 1080p resolutions.

Nintendo is reportedly showing the console to publishers to garner interest for a late 2012 launch.

Additional sources tell IGN that Nintendo will release a pre-announcement this month with a full reveal expected at E3 and that the console will be backwards compatible with current Wii software.

Original Article:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1161875p1.html

There has been a lot of rumors of a "Wii 2" in the past. But none of them proved to be true. I really hope Nintendo does this, they have absolutely no reason not to. Nintendo is great at innovating so they shouldn't make it like the original Wii at all, as in the operating system and menu system. But without a doubt if this doesn't have backward compatibility I don't see a reason to get it at it's release date. (But if this is real I can almost guarantee that there will be backward compatibility.)

Nintendo isn't one to reinvent the wheel. I have little reason to believe in any "Wii 2" rumors because, quite simply, very few of their TV consoles have been simply a spec beef of its predecessor. There's always some sort of new feature to provide a hook for the gamer.

Nintendo isn't one to reinvent the wheel. I have little reason to believe in any "Wii 2" rumors because, quite simply, very few of their TV consoles have been simply a spec beef of its predecessor. There's always some sort of new feature to provide a hook for the gamer.

None of their TV consoles have a spec beef. This is why I doubt the Wii 2. But Nintendo has "beefed up" console specs before, quite recently: DSi vs DSiXL. So the Wii 2 is possible.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.