Zelda Model creation: Modeling and Animation

spinout

I made the head and the leg sections in sketchup, exported them all individually at the origin, converted them (with a slight modification to my converter so it recycled textures), merged them, built a hierarchy/bone setup, wrote an animation editor, animated and previewed, then harnessed the blank animated actor to put it in OoT. Now it needs more animations and an AI.

animation editor (i don't expect anyone to understand how to use it, sorry guys!):

http://spinout182.com/src/animrender.py

object:

http://spinout182.com/bin/octo.zobj

Your thoughts?

You code them. That's what spinout meant when he was referring to a "blank animated actor", a kind of template for an animated actor, which however doesn't do much but stand there, I believe. Improving on that, you can create whatever the hell you want - although you need to know how to code something like that, which I don't...

Nice! Now we need to figure out how to actually make new actors, instead of being limited to what the game gives us.

In this regard, at least in my case, it is my lack of knowledge of how to program an AI (regardless of the game). I have complete control over the AI, I just don't know what to do with it. I could make it go in a circle, I suppose.

I need to check out collision stuff next, I guess.

You've done a stellar job with this; also I think I get how your animation editor works to a certain extent. Starts at the top of the heirachy, and from there you define the x/y/z movements of individual bones by frame. Am I close to the mark?

Regardless, a batch writer as an animation exporter from Max/Blender/Milkshape/Maya could be made to feed the animation data to the program.

You've done a stellar job with this; also I think I get how your animation editor works to a certain extent. Starts at the top of the heirachy, and from there you define the x/y/z movements of individual bones by frame. Am I close to the mark?

Regardless, a batch writer as an animation exporter from Max/Blender/Milkshape/Maya could be made to feed the animation data to the program.

Or even allow us to to convert a file that has a bone structure already rigged and convert it and its animation file.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.