Help loading a texture

Pinkie Pie

Question

6 answers to this question

Unless I'm mistaken, Mudlord's plugin only supports up to quadruple-sized textures, so in the case of the shield texture, the maximum dimensions allowed are 128x256. Yours is twice that (8x the original), and thus cannot be loaded by Mudlord's plugin. You can either halve the texture size, or use a newer version of the Rice-generation plugin series (i.e. Aristotle's, which supports up to 128x, or 1964, which has the latter and greater stability/options).

Unless I'm mistaken, Mudlord's plugin only supports up to quadruple-sized textures, so in the case of the shield texture, the maximum dimensions allowed are 128x256. Yours is twice that (8x the original), and thus cannot be loaded by Mudlord's plugin. You can either halve the texture size, or use a newer version of the Rice-generation plugin series (i.e. Aristotle's, which supports up to 128x, or 1964, which has the latter and greater stability/options).

Hmm I am now using Aristotle's Mudlord's and Rice Video and the game crashes past the N64 screen.. and then I used 1964 community version....and it again doesn't load the shield texture

The shield texture has, in general, often been very problematic. In many instances it won't load for unknown reasons; I would recommend trying a shield texture that you know loads, and replace it with your image and save it within the hires_texture folder. Beyond that, I can't recommend much; I had similar troubles with that texture, and I have no idea how I managed to fix the problem, other than spamming saving it over various working textures. Sorry I can't offer much more help than that. confused.gif

The shield texture has, in general, often been very problematic. In many instances it won't load for unknown reasons; I would recommend trying a shield texture that you know loads, and replace it with your image and save it within the hires_texture folder. Beyond that, I can't recommend much; I had similar troubles with that texture, and I have no idea how I managed to fix the problem, other than spamming saving it over various working textures. Sorry I can't offer much more help than that. http://core.the-gcn.com/public/style_emoticons/default/confused.gif

That's actually what I did, I replaced Zeth's texture and it doesn't load :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.