Ganondorf's Cape?

Conker

Question

7 answers to this question

In Ocarina of Time, is Ganondorf's cape a real cloth simulation, or is it just an elaborate animation?

I am just curious is all, as I have always wondered. http://core.the-gcn.com/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

I was more fascinated with his hair getting longer as I whacked him with my sword than trivial matters such as "cloth."

It is an animation which exploits matrix modification to it's best. Simply put, the bottom seam of his cape is a separate "bone" which shares vertecies with the upper part of his cape which is not part of that bone, and matrix manipulation - in both display lists of the cape, and the actor file - gives the illusion of cloth. I'm sure some programmer at Nintendo scratched his head for a week getting it right.

It is an animation which exploits matrix modification to it's best. Simply put, the bottom seam of his cape is a separate "bone" which shares vertecies with the upper part of his cape which is not part of that bone, and matrix manipulation - in both display lists of the cape, and the actor file - gives the illusion of cloth. I'm sure some programmer at Nintendo scratched his head for a week getting it right.

Thank you! Now I know what I always wanted to. <3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.