Project Cafe

Zurg

Posted Image

As you all know E3 is approaching at a very fast rate, I myself am very exited for it. I am most exited about Nintendo's new console which will be in HD, have very high specs (more so than both Xbox 360 and PS3), have no hard drive, and a touch screen on the controller. The name of this console is (for now) Project Café. Here is some info from various websites:

IGN reports: "Sources now confirm to IGN the new Nintendo controller allows players to stream entire games to the device from the console, saying it's like a miniature television. The screen size on the controller is also confirmed to be six inches in size."

Wikipedia states: "On May 3, 2011, Kotaku reported that Project Café will have 8 GB of flash-based memory on-board, with the assumed purpose of storing game saves, and will use 25 GB game discs (a Blu-ray-like Nintendo proprietary) as a media format." I Had to get that off of Wikipedia because I couldn't find the original article on Kotaku.

I can't wait until E3 for Nintendo showcase this console. Personally I say screw Majora's Mask 3D, I wan't Majora's Mask Café. Please discuss the news and post new info if you find any.

Project Café Wiki page
Nintendo E3 page

I'm quite excited for E3 as well, with Project Cafe being a substantial part of the excitement, yet I'm also hoping for Nintendo to have some more Wii- and DS-related announcements to make - positive ones, that is, not that those platforms are dead in the water now.

I most likely cannot afford any new system anytime soon (including the 3DS, sadly), so in the short term, I'm more interested in Wii and DS projects. The Wii's most likely still going to be supported for some time, considering Cafe is supposed to be launched in 2012 I believe, but the DS' future will end up looking very bleak very soon, at least after the new Kirby has hit the system.

i´m glad that nintendo will make a REAL consol with REAL games like GTA assassins creed and takken.

and i hope the games will have amazing graphics (better than ps3 and xbox 360 ) , and i also hope zelda skyward sword will come also for the café consoe :PP

i´m glad that nintendo will make a REAL consol with REAL games like GTA assassins creed and takken.

and i hope the games will have amazing graphics (better than ps3 and xbox 360 ) , and i also hope zelda skyward sword will come also for the café consoe :PP

Umm, dude, this is a Nintendo console, not the PlayStation 4. And don't expect SS for the Cafe AT ALL, as I doubt Ninty would make such a thing.

Well, there was Twilight Princess. Although if one of the versions of that did badly - probably the GCN one -, Nintendo should be wary of having another such multi-platform release.

Well, actually, that was the Wii version :P But whatever, your opinion. And thanks for reminding me of that, I almost forgot about that XD

Well, actually, that was the Wii version :P But whatever, your opinion. And thanks for reminding me of that, I almost forgot about that XD

Well, I meant sales-wise, and that probably was the GCN version (which I actually have) - not sure how many copies each version sold, but I think I've read something like ~4 million copies for GCN versus ~10 million copies for Wii or so? Not sure. Gameplay-wise... I don't know, I never played the Wii version, and don't see the point in still paying 40€ or whatever for it.

don't expect SS for the Cafe AT ALL, as I doubt Ninty would make such a thing.

Actually going by what I've been hearing about SS, I do believe that they are mostly gonna end up doing the same thing they did with TP. My prediction is that SS will come on "project cafe" sometime in December 2012 and on Wii in January 2013. I find that very obvious because they're already planning on making us Zelda wait longer anyways even the game's development is already finished, right now they're just adding "finishing touches(yeah, right)" and preparing for release(rrright, I'd believe that when it's 2012). That's just my opinion though.

Actually going by what I've been hearing about SS, I do believe that they are mostly gonna end up doing the same thing they did with TP. My prediction is that SS will come on "project cafe" sometime in December 2012 and on Wii in January 2013. I find that very obvious because they're already planning on making us Zelda wait longer anyways even the game's development is already finished, right now they're just adding "finishing touches(yeah, right)" and preparing for release(rrright, I'd believe that when it's 2012). That's just my opinion though.

I'm pretty sure Ninty won't release it THAT late. It would anger Zelda fans worldwide.

I'm pretty sure Ninty won't release it THAT late. It would anger Zelda fans worldwide.

True, they probably won't release it that late but I know that they're definitely gonna end releasing it sometime in 2012 for both systems just like they did with TP.

You know, I would be much less annoyed if that ignorant comment were to use correct spelling and punctuation.

Anyways, back on topic, I have heard of Project Cafe for a while now, but I don't think I can afford any game consoles right now,

1. Because I am not old enough for a job.

2. I already bought a 3DS...or at least am planning to, I already have Street Fighter 3DS.

3. It'll probably cost more than the 3DS, something that I am barely managing to have enough money for.

But I am curious to see what this new console would be capable of..

And since I predict it will be launched in about a year, hopefully I'll have the money by then if it seems worthy.

Remember what happened with TP? It was obviously a Gamecube game, but then they did a quick Wii port with scotch taped on controls, and intentionally released it before the GC version, to try and convince the people that it was a Wii game (yea right) and hurt sales of the original GC version.

compatible anyways. is possible i think .. i heard many times there will be a touch pad on the controller.. maybe you can use it like the wii controller? anyway´s..

a hope ( like many other guy´s on utube ) for a new super smash bros. game. its 1 of my favorite game series and in HD it would be just amazing :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.